Rigby Highland Stalker .275 vs 30-06

If they made the Rigby in left handed, I would figure out a way to own one in 275 Rigby.

Showed up today.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude that is awesome! Nice sling as well. Instead of knotting the leather thong, I lashed mine with wax coated cord. It works better and looks awesome.

I’m sure you know this, but the studs will only work with a thonged sling. They will not work properly with sling swivels.

Dude that is awesome! Nice sling as well. Instead of knotting the leather thong, I lashed mine with wax coated cord. It works better and looks awesome.

I appreciate it! Do you happen to have a pic of your sling? I am messing around with it a bit tonight. The rifle is definitely a lot slimmer and lighter than I thought it would be. Very well balanced.

I’m sure you know this, but the studs will only work with a thonged sling. They will not work properly with sling swivels.
Mine works perfectly with sling swivels. :unsure:

‘fish hook swivels would be the original method as well and will work. Now that Mauser owns rigby it could be they went to EU sling eyes. (Smaller than uncle Mike’s, $40 at NECG)

‘fish hook swivels would be the original method as well and will work. Now that Mauser owns rigby it could be they went to EU sling eyes. (Smaller than uncle Mike’s, $40 at NECG)
Exactly

I appreciate it! Do you happen to have a pic of your sling? I am messing around with it a bit tonight. The rifle is definitely a lot slimmer and lighter than I thought it would be. Very well balanced.

I will send you a pic.

Mine works perfectly with sling swivels. :unsure:

Interesting. The stud hole on mine is far too large for normal sling swivels. It is definitely set up for the Rigby silent sling.

Actually the holes on mine are much larger than standard studs. Would this match the fish hook swivels you mention? I’m not familiar with them.

Though a classic Winchester version, this is what they look like. I am not a fan.

My rifle with a Trader Keith Sling and swivels - not sure the actual brand.
Hill Country Ten Point and Rigby .275

Actually the holes on mine are much larger than standard studs. Would this match the fish hook swivels you mention? I’m not familiar with them.
Google Winchester or Parker hale fish hook swivels. Expect to pay $80-$150 a pair. It’s 100% what that was intended to use. I use English swivel eyes on restorations for fish hook use.

1604724729955.jpeg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 8.12.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 8.12.21 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 221
Reactions: WAB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RamiroMcGu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg