Politics

He looks kind of familiar, but who is it? I'm guessing Iraqi or Iranian with the camel toe epaulets?
Baghdad Bob. He was the one on tv telling the world the US was being soundly whooped. This while you could nearly hear Baghdad under fire.

RedLeg, you are undoubtedly a military man. If Ukrainian troops had captured 447 modern tanks, then such an armada would simply have demolished the Russian army and its allies. Probably, photos of such masses of tanks would be impressive, but I have not seen them.

In reality, now the Ukrainian offensive mainly uses tanks from the countries of the former Warsaw Pact, mainly Polish T-72. More than 200 of them were delivered to Ukraine, they are modernized and in good condition. From other Eastern European countries, more than 300 tanks of varying degrees of preservation were received (Yugoslavian M84 in particular), BMP-1, self-propelled guns, etc. By the way, these are all NATO countries. Armored personnel carriers, in particular M113s from Western European countries, and similar vehicles are also involved in the attacks.
I must say, it looks like a newsreel from the Vietnam War, when chains of Ukrainian soldiers in Western-style equipment walk across the field accompanied by M113.
Why these hundreds of cars are going to Georgia, I do not know - most likely, most of them are Georgians, there are several hundred thousand of them in Russia. Well, let them go, we have no restrictions on movement yet.

And yes, I also think that 30% of the NATO countries are too much. Perhaps they are somewhere in the department, but why are they at the front? So far, there are only a few of them among the prisoners and killed.
And you're wrong about "neglect." The same Russians are fighting on the opposite side of the front, the Ukrainian dialect is heard on the video as an exception, and the army is generally of the same type. The word "Khokhol" - yes, it is a nickname, it literally means "forelock", there was such a Turkish fashion in those parts in the Middle Ages.

Sir, you are incorrect in your characterization of the term Khokhol. It originally referred to sheaths of grain stalks and was subsequently used to describe the hairstyle of the Ukranian warriors, the Cossacks. It is a term routinely used by the Rus in a derogatory reference to Ukrainians. Probably because the Rus have always been terrified of the fighting mentality and capabilities of the Cossacks. A fact that drove Stalin and his insane attempt genocide of this people.

I hope that reason will prevail in your country. You have clearly bitten off more than you can handle, and innocent people on both sides are paying for this folly with their lives.

Baghdad Bob. He was the one on tv telling the world the US was being soundly whooped. This while you could nearly hear Baghdad under fire.
Oh yes. The same guy on TV who was stating "there are no American troops in Iraq", as you could see an Abrams rolling up a hill behind him in the background. I thought he might have had a career in comedy after that. LOL

Oh yes. The same guy on TV who was stating "there are no American troops in Iraq", as you could see an Abrams rolling up a hill behind him in the background. I thought he might have had a career in comedy after that. LOL
"Baghdad Bob" Not that quite that, but he did claim the Iraqi Army had destroyed all the American troops near the international airport (we were already flying in aircraft). He then proceeded to attempt to take journalists there in an Iraqi military convoy. They turned back just in time. :oops:

1664247206337.png

I thought he might have had a career in comedy after that. LOL
I think the job he found as a White House Spokesman is currently paying him too much for him to consider that.

To me justification or lack of for support of Ukraine in the Russian war depends on what Putin's intentions are. the basis of the opinion would be the conclusion regarding Putin's intentions. the minimalists perceive Putins goals in the same way Chamberlain perceived Hitler's goals regarding annexation of the Sudetenland, that once Russia annexed the Crimean peninsula including Odessa and its Black Sea port, that Putin would claim victory and become peaceful. The hawks believe Putin to be more of the Hitler, actually Stalin mode where he would continue to push until the area once commanded by USSR was reclaimed and that Ukraine was just a step in that process.

Which analysts are correct won't be known unless the ones that dominate are wrong. The choice then is a downside/upside review. Either case could lead to a significant conflict and either case could result in peace. History will be the judge as to which was correct.

Bit more about Russian tanks and their losses, and serious defects incorporated into their design....maybe you should go play in one in Ukraine vashper....get some first hand experience there, as you prefer to believe what your "leader" allows the Russian media to spew out....

I wonder who?...(maybe not)

un-identified drones has been observed around nowegian oilrigs.

Last edited:
I wonder who?...(maybe not)

un-identified drones has been observed around nowegian oilrigs.
As with any activity- look for who would benefit and who would be hurt. That will give a starting list of possible perpetrators and victims.

Forty years of Keynesian central bankers who thought they could dampen the highs and lows of normal cycles have brought us here. At this rate they will stop inflation by starting a depression and unintentionally give us both.

1664296598699.png

Forty years of Keynesian central bankers who thought they could dampen the highs and lows of normal cycles have brought us here. At this rate they will stop inflation by starting a depression and unintentionally give us both.

View attachment 491976
Great...it was the fed that gave us the Great Depression

View attachment 491976

The Fed is definitely slamming the brakes on the economy, and I'd say we're only getting a glimpse now of what's to come of economy. What I think will compound the problem is Europe and a very tough winter ahead. I don't know how bad it's going to get, but it'll get worse before this gets better.

In my far less than expert opinion, the inflation issue has been as much a supply issue if not more than a demand issue. I'm afraid we will be killing demand just as the supply chain issues are finally resolved. But then we'll be in a recession and suppliers will back off on production.

I would say one correction to your graph Bob. We haven't even come close to Volcker's 20% rate yet, so not sure about the "Further" part of further and faster.

Here is the latest storm track from the Weather Channel..

FJB hurricane track.jpg

The FED is another example of an agency that could do a good job quite simply except that it's a bunch of politicians that run it. Between it and the treasury all that would need to be done is match the money supply & "velocity rate" to the GDP. prices would stabilize as money would equal product. A computer could figure it out so no people need to be involved. But then a politician couldn't make changes to benefit him/her self & friends. Combine that with the ability of congress to spend the future and you end up with what he have.

Speaking of the FED- it is no coincidence that it was started while Wilson was president.

You are correct - they have received Soviet era equipment (some somewhat improved such as the Polish T72's). But the primary provider to date is the Russian Federation. The "second Army in the world" has become the second army in Ukraine. But they have not yet received US or German main battle tanks. I don't believe the Leopard 2's will be forthcoming due to the careful game Germany is playing. Abrams will be more difficult to sustain, but as you note, with the Rasputitsa (fall mud) approaching, and Russia's recent catastrophic experience with a winter offensive, I suspect Ukraine and the US have 6-8 months to put together four to five battalions of former USMC M1A1's (100 are being drawn down out of the corps) and their logistics support structure.

The mobilization is obviously not going entirely well. Putins TV propagandists are even upset and scrambling.

They can always get Kim Jung Un to train them on handing uncooperative staff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noah8899

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg