Politics

I'm sorry, Couldn't resist. I think there was Some Kind of Riff between The Beatles ;

And I'm George Harrison, I just sit here .. "While My Guitar .. Quietly Whimpers"
1664139129357.png

1664139082747.png

OK, so the answer is no. Late last night there were rumors online that Xi was under house arrest and a coup was underway in China.

Soooo.... this morning I decided to check here with you fine folks, and I don't see anyone posting so probably it was actually a big fat bundle of nothing. ;)
I asked a Chinese co-worker. He said he was reading and watching about it last night. He heard that Xi and wife were on a plane to the US. He hopes this is true, but believes that the army won’t go against the President.

Possibly the only correct thing Keynes ever said.

1664142927016.png

Interesting discussion between Russian think tanker Dimitri Simes and the ever dependable blow-hard Vladimir Solovyov (remarkably sane in this interview - last week he was advocating a nuclear strike on London during the queen's funeral). Simes is a serious political observer and provides a unique perspective on the current US political climate.
I don't like Solovyov, but it's too much. He didn't say that. He hosts the show, and one of the participants, Olga Skabeeva, said that it would be better to bomb London than Ukraine.

I asked a Chinese co-worker. He said he was reading and watching about it last night. He heard that Xi and wife were on a plane to the US. He hopes this is true, but believes that the army won’t go against the President.

Can't believe anyone would take that stuff seriously....he ain't going anywhere..... :X3: :X3::X3:

I don't like Solovyov, but it's too much. He didn't say that. He hosts the show, and one of the participants, Olga Skabeeva, said that it would be better to bomb London than Ukraine.

Fk me you have crawled out of the woodwork....was hoping you had been called up....

I'm sorry, Couldn't resist. I think there was Some Kind of Riff between The Beatles ;

And I'm George Harrison, I just sit here .. "While My Guitar .. Quietly Whimpers"View attachment 491725
I must be missing something, but I have no earthly idea what you are trying to say. And Harrison's classic song is "While My Guitar Gently Weeps."

This is he and Clapton doing the best version of it.

I am a huge Clapton fan (three times elected to the rock and roll hall of fame) - less so Harrison.

I must be missing something, but I have no earthly idea what you are trying to say. And Harrison's classic song is "While My Guitar Gently Weeps."

Was confused as well...but can't stand the beatles music anyway....possibly due to a nanny/aupaire now...playing their records incessantly while looking after me....

I am a huge Clapton fan (three times elected to the rock and roll hall of fame) - less so Harrison.
beatles.jpg

I had a Beatles Pic up & was just teasing!
Clapton, Cream, Steve Winwood, etc .. Excellent Music.
Did you happen to see the Documentary Eric Clapton "Life in 12 Bars"? : Derek & The Domino's (Clapton), Layla, Bell Bottom Blues, etc. The entire album was Written about Patty, George Harrisons Wife, who he ended up Marrying.

Was confused as well...but can't stand the beatles music anyway....possibly due to a nanny/aupaire now...playing their records incessantly while looking after me....
Here's to ya .. I will say, excellent song writers, imo.

"Beat The Meetles"
beatles.jpg

Fk me you have crawled out of the woodwork....was hoping you had been called up....
Oh, I love you very much too, and, I admit, sometimes I translate your fakes, people like it, they collect a lot of emoticons.
And I would love to have a discussion with you, but alas, now everything is decided not by verbal fencing, but on the battlefield.

Another "great" interview by Solovyov. The level of paranoid self-delusion is almost impossible to comprehend.

Interesting little fact. Following the first phase of the Karkhiv offensive, the Russian Army officially became the primary provider of main battle tanks to Ukraine (NATO has yet to provide any). According to Oryx, which is a third party analytical group only counting destroyed/ damaged/ or captured equipment for which there is photo or video evidence, Russia has now lost 1192 main battle tanks (the US and UK estimates just north of 2000). 447 were abandoned or captured in working order. These represent their newest and best equipment. Indeed, in recent weeks, Russia has been forced to deploy T64's in theater - equipment that is 50 years old along with some of its very few T-90's of which half a dozen already have been destroyed or abandoned.

The most laughable comment is that 30% of the ground forces are being provided by NATO. Russians simply can't wrap their collective heads around the notion that Ukrainians (Khokhols as Russians derisively call them) are capable of defeating them on the battlefield.

Or perhaps NATO's response to the Russian invasion of Ukraine to increase its ready reserve. Clearly really an effort to prepare for an invasion of Mother Russia. Absolute paranoid self-deception.

A bit of truth is that enormous stress is occurring along the Russian empire's Southern and Asian fault lines. One day, someone in the country may awaken to the fact that rather than a vast Western conspiracy, the only cause for this mess was Putin's decision to blunder into Ukraine.

Bonus clip.

Traffic backup at the Georgian border of Russians leaving. I suppose it could simply be a bad accident. :unsure:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SylviaSelf

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!