Politics

This is straight in front of you after going through immigration departures in Lusaka Airport....any greenies travelling must get pissed off...
20230809_120930.jpg

Seems they have taken a leaf from the woke fktards way of writing history.....I could go through so many gin and tonics sat on the river bank watching the crocs having a putin and associates meat fest....what a pleasure that would be....

BBC News - Russia’s new schoolbook aims to justify war on Ukraine

This is straight in front of you after going through immigration departures in Lusaka Airport....any greenies travelling must get pissed off...
View attachment 550373
I’m sure you’re right about the greenies. Regardless, this is the kind of thing that every country should be proud of! A new power plant to light and heat or cool our houses and support economic activity! What’s not to be proud of!

Not saying anything against ..just had a laugh to myself when I saw it....with the shite thst all the investment companies..banks..governments etc etc etc are spouting out ....same as every other building going up here seems to be a fuel station....oh and not an electric socket in sight :E Rofl:

Have you heard about the Aggiee couple that froze to death? They went to a drive-in movie called "Closed for Winter". ;)
Those stories are part of a grand and long running misunderstimation campaign that Texas A&M has been running. However, to be effective there has to be an element of truth. Thus i am part of that department. It is a small department but highly effective.

Being a forced Aggie, I really don’t have any love for them.

You might ask, how am I a forced Aggie. Well, my law school sold out to A&M changed the name, told us FU you can’t have an Aggie ring or diploma, but we will count you as alumni and send you requests for money. Needless to say you can guess my annual contribution. While the non-reissue of diplomas did not affect me, it did that years graduation class.

Aggies don’t have alum, they only have former students. Does this make you an illegitimate former student?

1691615608368.jpeg

Swamp rat McConnell doesn't want to upset the gravy train, and the status quo.....

Swamp rat McConnell doesn't want to upset the gravy train, and the status quo.....
I agree with him. It would be counterproductive in an election year. Plus Biden would not get convicted in the Senate and Democrats would use it to fire up their base.

Unlike the Trump cult, I do not believe in a Pyrrhic victory.

Keep your eye on the prize, which is getting a sensible and strong Republican president into the White House for two terms. Punishing Biden will be gratifying, he deserves it, but a Republican victory would be far sweeter. Once he is no longer president it will be easy to go after he and Hunter and their bad legacy will be what tarnishes him forever.

On Kudlow Gingrich was interviewed and asked whether an impeachment or an inquiry would be the best approach. He responded that an inquiry would be- the reps get subpoena power plus the right to review any documents and interview witnesses- basically everything they need to investigate the possibility of a crime. Then after they view everything they may decide to proceed with an impeachment- but if they did it would be with all of the evidence needed for a conviction- or as noted above, the results could be released and the voters could decide.

"An army marches on its stomach" - Napolean

Well, not the US Army it seems.
"3 hots and a cot" is simply not the truth these days. When I relocated to a base in Texas, and this is not an exaggeration, I slept in the bed of my truck for 2 weeks, despite telling someone of the issue every day of my inprocessing, because they wouldn't assign me a room till the processing was complete.

If you trusted the army to feed you, you would go hungry. Didn't matter if it was on a field exercise or a normal day around the company area. I learned to make sure enough calories were on hand to sustain myself independently of any support unit. Look how far back that article had to go to find a picture of someone cooking food that wasn't a boiled bag of eggs. Often you couldn't even get that. To top it off, they deducted from our pay to cover food, even when the nearest facility would be a 25min drive away, or they would run out of food, etc.

As an institution, based on my experience, I would argue that the army does not care about its soldiers. A smaller percentage of senior NCOs and officers care enough to go to bat at the risk of their career, but that is not the norm from my perspective. Most would rather not rock the boat.

Cooks are probably one of the most under appreciated MOS, and simultaneously one of the most hated. The ones good at their job, that care, are too few and far between. They have terrible schedules, even in a peacetime garrison setting. They have such a low threshold to entrance that anyone can be shuffled into that job may or may not be able to read and write (only half joking.) It's a terrible job and it's a terrible job to rely on for sustenance. If you want to eat healthy, all the above gets even harder on the soldier.

I agree with him. It would be counterproductive in an election year. Plus Biden would not get convicted in the Senate and Democrats would use it to fire up their base.

Unlike the Trump cult, I do not believe in a Pyrrhic victory.
Color me shocked. AH certainly has its share of swamp supporters.

"Cult"? "Pyrrhic victory"? Yah right, while the other side has been manically obsessed with a Pyrrhic victory since 2016! That is what I define as a cult.

Last edited:
Remember, guys, impeachment is only half the battle. Conviction requires a two thirds vote in the Senate. Also, evidently now a President can be impeached and tried even when out of office. GOP really needs to quit fighting each other, run REALLY GOOD candidates and get smart about winning elections and governing when they do. How they do that I have no idea.

"Cult"? "Pyrrhic victory"? Yah right, while the other side has been manically obsessed with a Pyrrhic victory since 2016! That is what I define as a cult.
I agree with McConnell and @Tanks. I would indeed be a Pyrrhic victory - if a victory at all. More embarrassingly and far more likely, is a situation where McCarthy could not pull together every single republican in the House - a problem with razor thin majorities caused red ripples rather than red waves caused by too many weak candidates.

I would have assumed anyone would realize there is zero chance of a conviction in the senate.

An impeachment inquiry might make some sense. It would allow the House full subpoena power and the investigative chair could release whatever he wanted to the press. That information becomes part of the electorate's decision process.

The establishment swamp mentality is what has brought us to this point.
I've never been a fan of McCarthy. He may allow for an impeachment inquiry, but I doubt he has the spine to push thru articles of impeachment.
Thank God the original orange man, John Boehner, is long gone.

As usual, the Democrats will get another free pass. The swamp will keep on rolling, and the appropriate pockets will keep getting lined with swamp cash.

God forbid, if anyone rocks the political boat for a pyrrhic victory. Shame on them!

I hope the Republican Voters of Kentucky will wise up, and field a strong candidate that can knock Moscow Mitch McConnell out of the political arena.
It would be a great day for Republican politics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavadaMacG

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.