Politics

The establishment swamp mentality is what has brought us to this point.
I've never been a fan of McCarthy. He may allow for an impeachment inquiry, but I doubt he has the spine to push thru articles of impeachment.
Thank God the original orange man, John Boehner, is long gone.

As usual, the Democrats will get another free pass. The swamp will keep on rolling, and the appropriate pockets will keep getting lined with swamp cash.

God forbid, if anyone rocks the political boat for a pyrrhic victory. Shame on them!

The prize is the presidency, house and senate. If impeachment proceedings negatively impact the prize, then we need to be patient. And if you think there is any chance of getting a conviction through the senate with the current balance, you are sadly mistaken.

The prize is the presidency, house and senate. If impeachment proceedings negatively impact the prize, then we need to be patient. And if you think there is any chance of getting a conviction through the senate with the current balance, you are sadly mistaken.
I'm fully aware that there would be no conviction. Not nearly enough votes.

That's not the point.

Democrat's knew they couldn't convict Trump on the impeachment charges. They did it for publicity. Political Theatrics. They did it during an election year, and won.

If the only goal is a political prize, versus, holding someone accountable for corruption, bribery, unconstitutional leadership, and possible treason, then we have truly sold our soul, and lost all moral compass.

Last edited:
I would have assumed anyone would realize there is zero chance of a conviction in the senate.

Republicans don't need a conviction to achieve the goal of exposure which to this point, Brandon is being completely shielded by the MSM... An impeachment inquiry would at the very least force the mainstream media outlets to cover the fact that an impeachment inquiry is actually taking place and the charges against Brandon would be public. The inquiry yeilding actual proof leading to articles of impeachment would only be a bonus...

The problem with this and past corruption allegations against these scumbags is that it was being ignored and/or covered up by the media. The consensus of the polling post-2020 election was that at least 1 in 6 voters whould have changed their vote if they had know about the Hunter Biden laptop and the accociated Brandon family scandals.... If an inquiry could sway 16% or more of the vote, that impact alone would be worth the effort.

I hope the Republican Voters of Kentucky will wise up, and field a strong candidate that can knock Moscow Mitch McConnell out of the political arena.
It would be a great day for Republican politics.
We have seen the results of Trump's "strong candidates" in multiple States on the last 2022 election. They all lost in winnable purple States. One cannot win elections with just the base, and has to be able to appeal to the independents etc.. If one's policies are to the right of Genghis Khan, they will lose.

I would rather vote for someone that I disagree with occasionally and can get elected than someone that I agree with 100% of the time and has no chance of getting elected.

Republicans don't need a conviction to achieve the goal of exposure which to this point, Brandon is being completely shielded by the MSM... An impeachment inquiry would at the very least force the mainstream media outlets to cover the fact that an impeachment inquiry is actually taking place and the charges against Brandon would be public. The inquiry yeilding actual proof leading to articles of impeachment would only be a bonus...

The problem with this and past corruption allegations against these scumbags is that it was being ignored and/or covered up by the media. The consensus of the polling post-2020 election was that at least 1 in 6 voters whould have changed their vote if they had know about the Hunter Biden laptop and the accociated Brandon family scandals.... If an inquiry could sway 16% or more of the vote, that impact alone would be worth the effort.
Exactly. Too many people not willing to stray outside the political box.

The consensus of the polling post-2020 election was that at least 1 in 6 voters whould have changed their vote if they had know about the Hunter Biden laptop and the accociated Brandon family scandals....

It's always staggering how few people actually care.

We have seen the results of Trump's "strong candidates" in multiple States on the last 2022 election. They all lost in winnable purple States. One cannot win elections with just the base, and has to be able to appeal to the independents etc.. If one's policies are to the right of Genghis Khan, they will lose.

I would rather vote for someone that I disagree with occasionally and can get elected than someone that I agree with 100% of the time and has no chance of getting elected.
It doesn't need to be a Trump candidate. Just someone who is younger, more aggressive, and someone that will show the voters that they are not afraid to stand up against the D.C status quo.

You make the mistake of assuming that all Republican voters think like you do.
Guess what? They don't.

McConnell has spent 7 terms in the Swamp. The good ol' boys club needs to go.

"McConnell has spent 7 terms in the Swamp. The good ol' boys club needs to go."

I absolutely agree with this, and for myself, on more than just a federal level. We have the same horseshit in Alaska. I fear that with the voting populations we have now that we are getting further from this being a possibility than closer. I hope I am wrong.

Conviction after impeachment removes the guilty party from office and prohibits them from holding any office of honor, trust or profit under the U.S. They can then be brought up on charges and tried for any crimes they may have committed. Impeachment and CONVICTION would cement Biden's place in history. Impeachment alone just makes him one of the gang along with Andrew Johnson, Slick Willie and Trump (3 times). An impeachment inquiry is a good place to start. Patience (and a good ground game) is needed.

Conviction after impeachment removes the guilty party from office and prohibits them from holding any office of honor, trust or profit under the U.S. They can then be brought up on charges and tried for any crimes they may have committed. Impeachment and CONVICTION would cement Biden's place in history. Impeachment alone just makes him one of the gang along with Andrew Johnson, Slick Willie and Trump (3 times). An impeachment inquiry is a good place to start. Patience (and a good ground game) is needed.

Well said. What we need now are cool heads, logic, sound strategy and a winning ground game. We must win this election.

You make the mistake of assuming that all Republican voters think like you do.
Guess what? They don't.
I am well aware of it. If they did Trump would not have gotten the nomination in 2016 or be leading now among GOP voters.

Problem for Trump is other than his base he has minimal support. He is the only candidate that the GOP can field that Biden has a chance against.

Don't get me wrong, I will most likely vote for him again while pinching my nose if he is the nominee, though we can do better for the country.

It is sad for the country that both possible candidates for POTUS are old and flawed and we can't come up with better candidates.

Conviction after impeachment removes the guilty party from office and prohibits them from holding any office of honor, trust or profit under the U.S. They can then be brought up on charges and tried for any crimes they may have committed. Impeachment and CONVICTION would cement Biden's place in history.
The odds of getting two thirds of the Senate to vote for conviction is NIL. Heck, at this point they won't even get a majority to vote for conviction.

I am well aware of it. If they did Trump would not have gotten the nomination in 2016 or be leading now among GOP voters.

Problem for Trump is other than his base he has minimal support. He is the only candidate that the GOP can field that Biden has a chance against.

Don't get me wrong, I will most likely vote for him again while pinching my nose if he is the nominee, though we can do better for the country.

It is sad for the country that both possible candidates for POTUS are old and flawed and we can't come up with better candidates
We are the most powerful country in the World and look who's going to be the two final candidates. What a shame but this is what happens when only %50-60 of the people vote.
Future of this country is being decided by large donors and party establishments nobody else.

The odds of getting two thirds of the Senate to vote for conviction is NIL. Heck, at this point they won't even get a majority to vote for conviction.
Well maybe not. If they really have to goods on Joe, the D's can't be seen as voting to keeping him in office. (I suspect they do, otherwise Gavin Newsome would not be running around the USA "looking of votes"). If it's just hunter trading on daddy's name you are correct. The more likely result is Joe has "health issues" to keep him from running again and the problem goes away.

We are the most powerful country in the World and look who's going to be the two final candidates. What a shame but this is what happens when only %50-60 of the people vote.
Future of this country is being decided by large donors and party establishments nobody else.
Well, in reality if more people voted then GOP would have no chance. One of the reasons Biden got his 81 million votes was more people voted due to more access to mail-in voting. And no it was not fraud that made the big difference as there has not been a credible instance of fraud that would have made a difference.

Well, in reality if more people voted then GOP would have no chance. One of the reasons Biden got his 81 million votes was more people voted due to more access to mail-in voting. And no it was not fraud that made the big difference as there has not been a credible instance of fraud that would have made a difference.
I'm not sure but so be it.
Democracy only works when everybody participates.

"3 hots and a cot" is simply not the truth these days. When I relocated to a base in Texas, and this is not an exaggeration, I slept in the bed of my truck for 2 weeks, despite telling someone of the issue every day of my inprocessing, because they wouldn't assign me a room till the processing was complete.

If you trusted the army to feed you, you would go hungry. Didn't matter if it was on a field exercise or a normal day around the company area. I learned to make sure enough calories were on hand to sustain myself independently of any support unit. Look how far back that article had to go to find a picture of someone cooking food that wasn't a boiled bag of eggs. Often you couldn't even get that. To top it off, they deducted from our pay to cover food, even when the nearest facility would be a 25min drive away, or they would run out of food, etc.

As an institution, based on my experience, I would argue that the army does not care about its soldiers. A smaller percentage of senior NCOs and officers care enough to go to bat at the risk of their career, but that is not the norm from my perspective. Most would rather not rock the boat.

Cooks are probably one of the most under appreciated MOS, and simultaneously one of the most hated. The ones good at their job, that care, are too few and far between. They have terrible schedules, even in a peacetime garrison setting. They have such a low threshold to entrance that anyone can be shuffled into that job may or may not be able to read and write (only half joking.) It's a terrible job and it's a terrible job to rely on for sustenance. If you want to eat healthy, all the above gets even harder on the soldier.
Your experiences are your experiences and your truth is your truth. I will not argue with that.

However, the Army has been part of my life in one way or another since 1974. I simply will say your experiences were not my personal experience, admittedly dated, or the experiences of a host of colleagues, friends and protégées with whom I served or who are now serving, both commissioned and enlisted. I could not disagree more with your conclusion that the army as an institution doesn't care about its soldiers - that is my experience and my truth.

That said, there have been really badly done inprocessing efforts occasionally at US Army posts. Unfortunately, soldiers in transition (like those sometimes caught in medical limbo) are all too often not under a commanding officer's purview. Rather, they are at the mercy of a largely civilian manned personnel bureaucracy. Please send me a PM with regards to your experience at that installation. If it was relatively recent, I would be delighted to alert the post commander - obviously leaving your name out of it.

Every soldier complains about food - it is an inherent right and expectation. There are indeed currently some issues with messing due to the increased deployment to Europe. Shortages are most acute at the larger combat force installations like Fort Cavazos (Hood).

That is one of the critical MOS / unit issues that the Army wants to address through reserve activation that got the crowd on the right all exercised a few weeks and pages ago.

Is Ukraine still kicking ass and taking names?

Just checking, because I quit believing anything on the news over a year ago.

I remain cautiously - even extremely cautiously - optimistic that the Biden protection dam may collapse. For instance, Jonathan Turley who I deeply respect and who voted for Obama twice and Hillary, has gone to the barricades on this issue. He is a Fox consultant, but was always careful on which programs he would appear. He was with Hannity earlier this week and Laura this evening. He is clearly angry.

He is particularly furious over the notion that someone has to show a direct deposit slip to Joe Biden to accuse him of influence peddling. His position, which far a legal scholar was enlightening, is that anything that benefits the Biden family, by definition benefits him. As he noted tonight, he is eighty years old, it isn't like he is going to spend much of it himself, but he can leave a large fiscal legacy for the family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pavingcotswold

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg