Politics

Image1686008487.716189.jpg

Interesting, short video by Ward Carroll on the recent F-16 scramble. Carroll is a Navy Academy grad and former F-14 RIO (backseater). He has an interesting Youtube channel where he analyze and discusses various topics such as military aviation, Russia, China, etc.

You do - You have made no argument how he could have played those cards - whatever they were - differently. I simply do not believe he had them to play. We should leave it at that.

They could have pushed the threat of default much, much farther.. Being informed as you are, I assume you realize that surpassing the "deadline" would not have resulted in real default. The possibility of entitlement checks being delayed and other temporary inconveniences aside, there was plenty of room to leverage that threat without putting us into actual default.

Both groups can count votes as well as anyone, and as soon as they were safe from being attached to a default, were free to vote or pontificate their constituents about how they aren't playing along with business as usual.

Another major difference between our perspectives is that you seem to believe that no member of the Freedom caucus, or any other MAGA republican representatives who have taken radical positions are actually sincere in commitment to their constituents... You suggest that these dissenters felt emboldened to safely maintain a guise of opposition because they counted the votes... I disagree, and the fact that the assumed 40 or so republican dissenters turned into 70 by the time of the vote suggests otherwise... McCarthy's need to endure 15 House votes to secure a heavily compromised Speakership also suggests otherwise...

Finally, and this is where I agree with Rand Paul, until we are willing to address the entitlement side of expenditures (depending how it is counted, over 80% of our debt) playing with discretionary spending is just playing with the edges and harmful to defense. However, as of right now, the two leading candidates have promised that Medicare and Medicaid are sacrosanct. From a debt perspective, I am not sure it matters who is elected as President if the choice is Biden or Trump.

On this we do agree... However, there are still plenty of entitlements outside of SS and Medicare that could be eliminated to facilitate meaningful spending reductions... Several of these include concessions that the republicans made like backing off the student loan forgiveness and capitulating to less strict rules in regard to welfare and specifically SNAP entitlements which are both perfect examples of what could have been retained with a firmer stance by republicans.

You are correct that neither Trump nor Biden would touch SS and Medicare. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone as Trump never claimed to be a fiscal conservative which his base is willing to overlook for his strong convictions to the more popular America First policies... At least Trump would spend what was necessary on defense.

Last edited:
Russian Volunteer Corps

The flag of this unit consists of a stylized life rune. A life rune is a symbol that is frequently used by neo- nazis. https://reportingradicalism.org/en/hate-symbols/movements/nazi-symbols/life-rune

Also the man standing on the right is wearing a black sun badge. The black sun is another common neo-nazi symbol.

But hey at least Kapustin doesn't fly swastika flags and give Nazi salutes. That's "definitive proof" that he is not a neo-Nazi :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The blame for the current state of the world, from the Russia-Ukraine problem to China's militarization can be placed on Biden and his advisors response to the Climate Change agenda.

The blame for the current state of the world, from the Russia-Ukraine problem to China's militarization can be placed on Biden and his advisors response to the Climate Change agenda.
Anytime oil has gone past $50 or so a barrel, it has funded a Putin land grab somewhere--we paid for this misery! Not looking for the current admin to open the Keystone anytime soon, however bad things get.

Russian Volunteer Corps

The flag of this unit consists of a stylized life rune. A life rune is a symbol that is frequently used by neo- nazis. https://reportingradicalism.org/en/hate-symbols/movements/nazi-symbols/life-rune

Also the man standing on the right is wearing a black sun badge. The black sun is another common neo-nazi symbol.

But hey at least Kapustin doesn't fly swastika flags and give Nazi salutes. That's "definitive proof" that he is not a neo-Nazi :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You want an example of nazi's in Russia you need look no further than Wagner, named after Hitler's favorite composer and Dmitry Ufkin, a founder of the mercenary group who allegedly signs his correspondence with a double lightning bolt.

Russia by it's actions, is more in line with Nazi ideals than anyone of prominence in Ukraine.

Doesn’t matter what party or who is elected they are just as bad as each other nearly
Sadly, it is so. "My" local state member (laborite) has a "meet and greet" table set up in a major supermarket today; wonder what he's trying to achieve?

Hope this gives Kenyan’s the right ideas about searching for alternative financing schemes to compensate farmers for loss of live stock.

Ukraine/Russia conflict goes way farther back than that. All the way to the fall of the USSR. NATO, US, UK, etc have been poking the bear for the last 30 years. Putin saw the perfect opportunity with an unbelievably weak US administration. All he needed to see was the results from the Afghanistan withdrawal. It's not entirely his fault. He just gave them all he needed to see for a good opportunity to advance. A lot of GOP-aligned NGO's have their interests being pushed.

China, yes.

Hope this gives Kenyan’s the right ideas about searching for alternative financing schemes to compensate farmers for loss of live stock.

If you are hoping for hunting forget it....Will never happen in kenya

If you are hoping for hunting forget it....Will never happen in kenya
A guy can hope! At a certain point they'll have so many old lions running around, they will have no choice but to regulate the population. It will take time.

You want an example of nazi's in Russia you need look no further than Wagner, named after Hitler's favorite composer and Dmitry Ufkin, a founder of the mercenary group who allegedly signs his correspondence with a double lightning bolt.

Russia by it's actions, is more in line with Nazi ideals than anyone of prominence in Ukraine.
Utkin has not been seen since 2016- i am not even sure if he's still alive even. Prigozhin is the leader of Wagner. He is an oligarch/kleptocrat. His fighters consist mainly of convicted murderers, rapists and such. There is certainly nothing "rosy" or glamorous about them. However, I see no evidence that Prigozhin is a Nazi or that he has aims to create a "white revolution" in Russia, let alone in the rest of Europe.

Kapustin, on the other hand is an actual Nazi, as are most members of the Russian Volunteer Corps. Most members of the RVC are Russian Nazis who moved to Ukraine in 2014 to join the Azov Battalion. If Putin and Prigozhin are Nazis then why have actual Russian nazis been moving to Ukraine since 2014 and are actively fighting against the Russia regime??

I would also add that those people launching attacks within Russia are likely Russian Nazis. As these groups have been training for years to engage in such activities- i.e. attacking state infrastructure. American Nazis do similar things- in that they attack or sabotage power stations within America.

Its also interesting that Kapustin is a persona non-grata in both the EU and Russia for his neo-nazi activities. However he was welcomed by Ukraine and has been living there since 2017.

So you are ok with Ukraine giving NATO weaponry to actual Russian Nazis ??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdrieneRun

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois