Politics

The pilots who shot down the spy balloon used callsigns named after a WWI "balloon buster" who died in combat at age 21. #legacy

327003581_516561703946276_725832457316186316_n.jpg

In 1945, two sailors who were angry about being ordered to scrape and paint USS LSM-51 decided to write "FOR SALE" on the side
It wasn't until another ship signaled "How much do you want for it?" that the confused captain discovered the unauthorized ad.

Iran announced today that it has opened an underground airbase called Eagle 44. They put Israel on notice that their aircraft and cruise middles are now housed beyond Israel’s reach. The photo that was appended to the story by Iran:

View attachment 516174

Yup. That’s an F4 Phantom. The world’s supreme attack fighter…..in the 1960’s. Sixty years ago! Eagle 44 is the only place their F4s stand a chance against the Israeli ADF. If they dare to fly them, Israel will shoot them down wholesale.

Funny the things that make the Iranians puff up their chest!

Think they have some more serious stuff than phantoms and f14s stashed in there....

1675942899905.jpeg

1675942927944.jpeg

If Iran has F4s then it's probably alright for me to show a picture that was taken of me in the cockpit of an F4 Summer 1968 Danang airbase.
A friend and co-worker flew backseat in one. He didn’t have much to say about them other than he couldn’t see much from the backseat and didn’t get shot down!

Think they have some more serious stuff than phantoms and f14s stashed in there....

They may, but after decades of military embargoes, I don’t think they match up well against Israel.

What's opinion on this....?
I want them both on the Republican 2024 Presidential ticket! They can flip a coin for the top and second slots as either will be a great US President!

Trump needs to put his ego in check...

It would be nice if all combatants could reach a peace agreement, but it's very naive to think that cutting support to Ukraine will encourage Russia to seek peace. Quite the opposite is likely to occur and the war will drag on.

Florida Representative Matt Gaetz is introducing a House resolution to end U.S. military and financial aid to Ukraine co-sponsored by 10 other House Republicans.

In the "Ukraine Fatigue Resolution," Gaetz calls for the United States to "end its military and financial aid to Ukraine and urges all combatants to reach a peace agreement."

"President Joe Biden must have forgotten his prediction from March 2022, suggesting that arming Ukraine with military equipment will escalate the conflict to 'World War III,'" Gaetz said in a statement to Newsweek.

These are the 10 House Republican co-sponsors of the bill:

Rep. Andy Biggs of Arizona

Rep. Lauren Boebert of Colorado

Rep. Paul Gosar of Arizona

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia

Rep. Anna Paulina Luna of Florida

Rep. Thomas Massie of Kentucky

Rep. Mary Miller of Illinois

Rep. Barry Moore of Alabama

Rep. Ralph Norman of South Carolina

Rep. Matt Rosendale of Montana

I want them both on the Republican 2024 Presidential ticket! They can flip a coin for the top and second slots as either will be a great US President!

Trump needs to put his ego in check...
And watch his mouth. In most cases his rhetoric does more harm than good.

It would be nice if all combatants could reach a peace agreement, but it's very naive to think that cutting support to Ukraine will encourage Russia to seek peace. Quite the opposite is likely to occur and the war will drag on.

Florida Representative Matt Gaetz is introducing a House resolution to end U.S. military and financial aid to Ukraine co-sponsored by 10 other House Republicans.

In the "Ukraine Fatigue Resolution," Gaetz calls for the United States to "end its military and financial aid to Ukraine and urges all combatants to reach a peace agreement."

"President Joe Biden must have forgotten his prediction from March 2022, suggesting that arming Ukraine with military equipment will escalate the conflict to 'World War III,'" Gaetz said in a statement to Newsweek.

It won’t pass thankfully. I am saddened by the thought that Republicans are becoming the party of appeasement and isolationism.

We're spending a TINY fraction of what we'd spend if Russia took over Ukraine and then threatened or actually invaded Poland and/or the Baltics. At that point, American blood would spill too.

We're spending a TINY fraction of what we'd spend if Russia took over Ukraine and then threatened or actually invaded Poland and/or the Baltics. At that point, American blood would spill too.
Exactly! The war is either fought in Ukraine with Ukrainian forces or it's fought in a NATO country with US forces.

It's troubling that some of our political representatives are so ignorant of international politics that they believe the US can somehow be isolated from what's happening in Eastern Europe.

It won’t pass thankfully. I am saddened by the thought that Republicans are becoming the party of appeasement and isolationism.
We tried ISOLATIONISM before Pearl Harbor. If it wasn't for a few lucky breaks and some good intelligence afterward, we could have lost the Pacific Theatre to Japan. If Germany HAD invaded Great Britain before our entrance into the war, we would have had an extremely difficult time stopping the Nazi war machine without being able to bomb their factories from GB's airfields. The World has been APPEASING Putin in his "adventurism" for the last 14 years, starting with his invasion of Georgia. Now, here we are. Putin, like every other tyrannical dictator throughout the world, only knows and respects strength. Threaten to put Tomahawk up his ass and if nothing else, will give him pause. A peace deal with Putin won't be worth the paper it's written on. Might as well be written with disappearing ink. If a deal is done out of desperation, Ukraine and Europe should continue building up their conventional forces, because there WILL BE a round 2 of this as long as Putin is the leader of Russia. Maybe he'll be serving a life sentence in prison for WAR CRIMES before then? LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northerngos

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.