One year from now, what will things look like

Tracey Colson

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
This morning marks 365 days until I leave for my first African hunt. I am very excited yet a bit anxious because of all that is going on in the world today. I am not afraid of the Coronavirus itself, more anxious about what it will take to be able to get on an international flight and be able to get back to the states even in a years time. What is everybody's thoughts looking at a year out. What will this do to trophy quality in a year, will it be better because it appears that not much hunting will be happening this year? Is it going to make airline tickets hard to get because people will be rescheduling some of their hunts from this year to 2021? Lots of questions that I don't think anybody has answers to right now.

I'd say a year out will be no problem. I'm still holding out hope for this August myself at this point!

And the winner is....!

I'm 368 days out.
Wondering same things right now but believe everything will come together

Next year should be good. This year? Well, going to be difficult owing to the amount of uncertainty, statues of countries, flights, health requirements to leave and re-enter this country and others etc. It doesn't look good. So much up in the air.

April of 2021 for me. No set date yet so I have time. One of the big questions is flights within RSA now that SAA is out of commission. The rest of this year is going to be questionable but next year should be picking up again. There will still be some glitches here and there but the world will slowly get back in orbit and hopefully the Chinese will be shunned as countries bring business home.

Plus 1 on the China part.
April of 2021 for me. No set date yet so I have time. One of the big questions is flights within RSA now that SAA is out of commission. The rest of this year is going to be questionable but next year should be picking up again. There will still be some glitches here and there but the world will slowly get back in orbit and hopefully the Chinese will be shunned as countries bring business home.

^^^ This. Hope springs eternal.

Lots of us on here with hunts July and further out still keeping our fingers crossed.

10 days hunting trip to Namibia was scheduled to start on the 1st of May but it will never happen so we moved the date from mid August to end of August. Fingers crossed it will work out... Still 3 1/2 months away, so anything can happen. Namibia has only 12 cases of civid 19 since the start , hopefully the borders will be reopen soon

What will this do to trophy quality in a year, will it be better because it appears that not much hunting will be happening this year?

Well, this will depend on whether you will be hunting a self sustainable herd or put and take animals.

This may give some inclination as to one's travel plans.

its_possible.jpg

Welp, I got 9. Quarantine it is...

Since no one else has brought it up in the responses to the OP’s question concerning what things will be like a year from now...I guess I will. Obviously the Covid19 is the elephant in the room, and the problems associated with it on the domestic and international level...it has affected everything, the worldwide economy, travel, literally everything. Right now I am personally hoping that when fall and winter arrives back in North America, we don’t see Covid19 flare back up in meaningful numbers.

In my opinion Covid19 will be brought under control with a vaccine, hopefully sooner than later. The next thing on the horizon that could have a huge impact on the US economy and the international one as well is the election in November. Right now the US economy is damaged goods, it ain’t that long til November, IMHO if Trump does not get re-elected we ain’t seen nothing yet as far as economical downturn.

Besides the economic ramifications I am sure that whoever would get in besides Trump would not be what anyone would call 2nd Amendment or hunting friendly.

If I was an outfitter in Africa, or anywhere else for that matter, I would be praying that President Trump gets re-elected. Because all of the above factors are going to have far reaching consequences on the ability of US citizens being able to book hunts.

What will things be like in 365 days? Anybody’s guess.

Just my 2 cents.

We are all hoping and praying that the world will be back to normal before next year...! Our industry has been hit extremely hard with the travel bans etc. Still blows my mind how quickly things can and did change!

Welp, I got 9. Quarantine it is...

Everyone gets 9 no matter what... :A Banana Sad:

I think the next 18 months is going to be a bad time to travel anywhere. Northern and Southern hemispheres are just a revolving door for sickness to repeat. I plan on preparing for a simple and refundable trip next summer for the family. I am a big planner and I don't want to waste too much of my time.

As for Africa, I personally was/am shooting for 2022. At this point I think that can reasonably happen. Next year this time we will know.

As for 2021, I think folks are taking a huge gamble

Only thing that seems certain is that one year from now all the animals will be BIGGER. I just hope to be there to shoot a few.

I would feel pretty confident about a year from today, I am much less confident about 90 days from today....

Not sure about China being shunned....this is what one of the EU Muppets said about possible sanctions against China for the law they are going to impose on Hong Kong.... Mutual trust and respect.... High representative of arseholes more like it....

Our relationship with China is based on mutual respect and trust... but this decision calls this into question and I think that we have to raise the issue in our continued dialogue with China", EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs Josep Borrell said after talks with foreign ministers on Friday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenniferlaw003

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg