Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, DSC, Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Forever
Hunted
USA, RSA, Zimbabwe
My son and I leave on the 11th for our PG safari to the RSA! It is our first and we are stoked. All of the months of research and prep are finally coming together. I want to thank all of you on this forum for your help and advice the last 6 months. This is a wonderful venue and a great place for advice and support.

Good Luck, I love this time period to hunt in Africa!

Good Luck Custom!

You'll return home a different man.

I also begin hunting on the 11th on my second hunting trip in Africa.

How old is your son? I can only imagine having begun this as a kid, or even as a young man.

Thanks, Jeff. He is 23 and graduating from college. At that age I could only fantasize about Africa.

custom and son and jeffpg I can feel your excitement ,
hope dreams come true for all of you
cant wait to hear about it on your return and :drooling over your trophy photos
travel well
hunt hard
and above all have fun

Custom good luck to you and your Son and have a great trip!

Good luck & have a good trip. I leave for the Eastern Cape of SA on monday for my first trip there.

good luck to you also toxic
its all happening for every one at present .
living the dream

Custom, good luck to you and your son. That would be a dream trip for me, and hopefully I can pull it off in a couple of years when he graduates from college. In the meantime, I'm leaving out on May 11 also to RSA. Are you by any chance on the Delta to J'Burg direct that evening? If so my buddy and I are on that one also.

Good luck to all. It's my first time too, and to say I'm excited is an understatement.

You have to love the build up to the season.....

The avalanche of hunters getting on the planes. Always feel the excitement.

All you guys sneeking out ahead of me at less leave me some small ones. Good luck to you all, Custom you and your son have a great first trip of many to come. Me well Deb and I don't climb on the plane till the 29th so please guys leave me something.

There is absolutely nothing that compares to the first safari! Nothing, absolutely nothing! Just remember, you WILL return, deal with it!

Some very special moments await you and your son... enjoy every moment in Africa Custom!

Wish you the best, Custom !

Custom,
All the best for your hunt and remember to come and show off some photos!

Enjoy your hunt.

Best Regards,
Marius Goosen

Congratulations Custom, i bet the evening are to long these days? Enjoy your hunt and fill us in with a report when you are back home!
Best Regards

Congratulations Custom, i bet the evenings are to long these days? Enjoy your hunt and fill us in with a report when you are back home!
Best Regards

Thanks, everyone. JGRaider, we are on the direct flight from ATL to J'Burg that night. I will PM you my cell number. Maybe we can hook up for a beer. We have a pretty long layover there.

I hope you both will have a great time and I am looking forward to the report :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg