on a lighter note...

Screenshot_20220525-152126_Instagram.jpg
 
1653514509731.png
 
College buddy of mine was a helicopter mechanic in the military. He actually left mid semester to take a job with a private company doing the same type of work.

I mentioned to him I'd never been in a helicopter. He said, "you couldn't pay me enough to take a ride in one."

One of my many military occupations was aviation crew chief/ aero scout/ navigator/ authorized unauthorized co-pilot/ and pretty much everything but pilot in command on the Bell helicopters- OH58 models. I did have a brain fart once and crewed a hey, I learned to stay assigned to the O Hs. I was Airborne and Air Assault qualified, we repelled, hung under, (both heuys and Blackhawks), (climbed a ladder secured to the CH47 models) jumped from heuys,Blackhawks, and CH47 models and "dragonfly" (I have forgotten it's Army designation ) while in flight. Crewed a Cobra S model once, that was exciting, I ended up transferring to another unit before the rest of the Cobras arrived to the aviation unit.

To me there's nothing more exhilarating than flying. Everyone has their own opinion, but I look at aircraft as:
Jets are like race cars
Prop planes are like pickup trucks choppers are sports cars

Flying NAP of the Earth in a chopper is more thrilling than riding the wildest roller coaster, especially when you fly with a Vietnam War combat pilot.
 
One of my many military occupations was aviation crew chief/ aero scout/ navigator/ authorized unauthorized co-pilot/ and pretty much everything but pilot in command on the Bell helicopters- OH58 models. I did have a brain fart once and crewed a hey, I learned to stay assigned to the O Hs. I was Airborne and Air Assault qualified, we repelled, hung under, (both heuys and Blackhawks), (climbed a ladder secured to the CH47 models) jumped from heuys,Blackhawks, and CH47 models and "dragonfly" (I have forgotten it's Army designation ) while in flight. Crewed a Cobra S model once, that was exciting, I ended up transferring to another unit before the rest of the Cobras arrived to the aviation unit.

To me there's nothing more exhilarating than flying. Everyone has their own opinion, but I look at aircraft as:
Jets are like race cars
Prop planes are like pickup trucks choppers are sports cars

Flying NAP of the Earth in a chopper is more thrilling than riding the wildest roller coaster, especially when you fly with a Vietnam War combat pilot.
It’s interesting peoples attitudes towards different things. I despise flying and being in a car, but I would go shipboard anywhere.

I had an opportunity years ago to ride in a Vietnam huey with two old vets as part of work. Most people at my employer would do anything to get that assignment, but when it was offered to me I turned it down before they even finished the sentence. I didn’t mind it being 50ft overhead all day blowing sand in my face, but don’t put me in it.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,295
Messages
1,571,951
Members
169,470
Latest member
BrennaY190
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top