on a lighter note...

IMG_6028.jpeg
 
Way too much geek for me I am afraid. At my age I am lucky if I remember the alphabet.
I'm not exactly young, closer to 60 than 50
 
No, it isn't, is it.

Years ago when I was a software developer, I worked on a few web apps that needed to render in foreign languages (Spanish and French), and the only way to render those characters from a qwerty keyboard was to use the character codes from the lower half of the ASCII table.

<ALT> + 130 = é
<ALT> + 140 = î
<ALT> + 160 = á

and so on.
Is there an ALT + for an umlaut?
 
Is there an ALT + for an umlaut?

How To Type Umlaut?​

Hold down the “alt” key on your keyboard and type one of these codes:

  1. ä : Alt + 0228.
  2. ö : Alt + 0246.
  3. ü : Alt + 0252.
  4. ß : Alt + 0223.
  5. Ä : Alt + 0196.
  6. Ö : Alt + 0214.
  7. Ü : Alt + 0220.
 
Is there an ALT + for an umlaut?
 
Way too much geek for me I am afraid. At my age I am lucky if I remember the alphabet.
I think we have some guys on here that are no longer lucky :cool:
 

How To Type Umlaut?​

Hold down the “alt” key on your keyboard and type one of these codes:

  1. ä : Alt + 0228.
  2. ö : Alt + 0246.
  3. ü : Alt + 0252.
  4. ß : Alt + 0223.
  5. Ä : Alt + 0196.
  6. Ö : Alt + 0214.
  7. Ü : Alt + 0220.
Or you could get a Mac and hold down the letter of choice and it will give you that option along with several others. Use the shift key + letter of choice for upper case. Super easy.

ä
ö
ü
ë
ï
ß this one uses the "s" key.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,802
Members
169,416
Latest member
wanda_tiller
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top