on a lighter note...

1733604971637.png
 
I had to push my 67 Mustang when I blew up the rear end. I was by myself. Glad the tow truck got there soon. Also glad I had a spare at the house.
 
View attachment 651511
Comes standard with every Ford!

:A Whistle::A Shades::A Too Cool:Thought you Chevy lovers might enjoy this:
20240827_181545.jpg



My little 6 cylinder, 4x4, 5 speed manual transmission, 2011 Ford Ranger, in 2 wheel drive, pulling a Chevy 1500(?) Heavy Duty, with a V-8 engine, hooked to a 27(?) foot camper back onto the road, up hill.

The gentleman took his Chevy to a repair shop the next day for automatic transmission repair.

:A Whistle: :E Celebrate:Guess this Chevy couldn't handle the load.
 
Um... I don't want to put too fine a point on it... but the roundel on that grill appears to spell the word "Chevrolet" as "N-I-S-S-O-N".
nissan-logo-2001-2000x1750.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Um... I don't want to put too fine a point on it... but the roundel on that grill appears to spell the word "Chevrolet" as "N-I-S-S-O-N".

My bad....you are corect. I posted the wrong photo.

Ironically, this was the second truck and camper combination. This guy listened to his wife also. He went off the hard road and got stuck in the same loose shoulder gravel near the same spot his buddy before him got stuck. It was the Nisson's buddy in the Chevy that I had to pull out and up the same hill first.

One had a 27 feet long camper and the other a 30 feet long camper. At check in both these guys talked about how good their big trucks pulled these trailers, etc., etc.. About a half hour or so later my little Ford Ranger went to work.

It was a,....depending on one's point of view,.... bad weekend....we (a couple of park rangers and I) laughed our a$$es off....at out of staters. The next afternoon it was relocating another out of stater with a 28 feet toy hauler that he couldn't back into a 35 feet camper spot.
 
Last edited:
Um... I don't want to put too fine a point on it... but the roundel on that grill appears to spell the word "Chevrolet" as "N-I-S-S-O-N".
Right. That mini pickup owner was pulling WAY too much camper trailer. Too long, too wide, too heavy. Idiot.
 
Right. That mini pickup owner was pulling WAY too much camper trailer. Too long, too wide, too heavy. Idiot.

That's a full size Nisson with a V-8. Driver claimed the truck is rated at 4000 pound tow weight and the camper loaded is around 3200-3500 pounds.

IMO, and I'll admit, Had it been a 4x4 he probably could have gotten unstuck on his own as he still had two tires on the pavement and the front tire was on firmer gravel base.

My little Ranger didn’t even grunt.
 
That's a full size Nisson with a V-8. Driver claimed the truck is rated at 4000 pound tow weight and the camper loaded is around 3200-3500 pounds.

IMO, and I'll admit, Had it been a 4x4 he probably could have gotten unstuck on his own as he still had two tires on the pavement and the front tire was on firmer gravel base.

My little Ranger didn’t even grunt.
4x4 low transfer and standard transmission will walk up a tree in first gear.
 
BTDT. A slight grade downhill helped.

View attachment 651391
This was good practice for getting one's seaplane rating in a Piper Cub on floats. Had to set the engine controls to starting positions, then stand on the float, hand prop it to get it running, then hurry up and jump in the cockpit before things got dicey. This photo shows it on the trailer and running but afterwards it was as above.

1733662995587.jpeg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,343
Messages
1,573,494
Members
169,750
Latest member
IngridUfl0
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top