on a lighter note...

463264191_10233545781696500_7760922096181038873_n.jpg
 
Can still do that in my sleep. My '66 Dodge Van had a rubber bulb on the floor to the far left, Pushed it and sprayed washer fluid on the windshield. Give it an extra hard kick and it cleared the roof and hit the car behind that is following too darn close!
 
It's actually on it's way to fight the Orcs....
Anyone remember the Little Big Books? Featured Red Ryder, Roy Rogers, Dick Tracy, Tarzan and others. They were real popular in the 1940s and 50s. I had some as a kid and read them so often the covers came off. My favorite was Red Ryder and his Indian sidekick Little Beaver. "You betchum, Red Ryder" was his usual answer to a question. The Red Ryder books inspired the Red Ryder bbguns.
 
Can still do that in my sleep. My '66 Dodge Van had a rubber bulb on the floor to the far left, Pushed it and sprayed washer fluid on the windshield. Give it an extra hard kick and it cleared the roof and hit the car behind that is following too darn close!
Works especially well on bikers tailgating me. Most of them need to wash anyway.
 
The old F700’s had the high beam switch there, I’d forgotten about that!
The image is a British standard shift on right side of car. Pedals are left to right: emergency brake, clutch, brake, accelerator.

Much older trucks also had push button starter switch on the floor connected directly to starter solenoid. I built this 5-window Chev 1-ton shortbed from the ground up using parts salvaged from various junkyard wrecks.
1980 bull.JPG

1953 vehicles used 6 volt system. I changed it over to 12 volt using electronics from later model vehicles. Changed everything but the starter. Twelve volt battery really turned that engine over! It would start even in -40 degree weather. I had it parked in the vacant lot next to my parents' house. One weekend Dad was helping me babysit my daughter and nephew, both about four years old. I was doing something in the garage while Dad was mowing the yard. The two kids decided to play in my old truck. Of course no key in it but they had to push all the buttons anyway. Emergency brake didn't work so I parked it in first gear. One of them pushed the starter button and discovered the truck moved! Oh boy! So apparently they were taking turns, one on the floor holding down the starter switch while the other one stood on the seat steering my truck as it walked across the lot. I hear the lawnmower quit and Dad screaming. There he is running across the lot chasing the truck thieves waving his arms. Guess it could have been dangerous except for the fact that they were so small it was a two-person job keeping the truck moving. No chance of it running one of them over. And the truck was only crawling along in compound gear. Wish I could find a graphic artist who could recreate the scene.
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,232
Members
169,975
Latest member
DFFSFSF2026
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top