on a lighter note...

322392926_1227098011220369_9004893633106616034_n.jpg

Kamchatka gets a lot of snow in winter. Sometimes several meters per day, so that the planes at the airport are filled up to the level of the wings. In the city, streets are cleared like tunnels, outside the city - in different ways. People and animals somehow adapt.
In the summer, a Japanese man came there to hunt a bear. He noticed that the trees by the road seemed to be trimmed to a height of 4 meters. ""What is it?". The attendant replies, "Oh, the hares chewed it."

They're a species of horsefliles. The bite for blood and the beaches are loaded with unwilling hosts.
FYI: https://nj1015.com/biting-flies-nj-beaches/
Dear God, horseflies and deerflies both...a BIG "no thank you."

I was corresponding with J Alain Smith and asked him which are worse - tsetse flies or horseflies. He said it was close, but that tsetse flies are worse.

Kinda weird. Dad (a PhD entomologist) tells me that horseflies really need moving water in order for the eggs to mature properly. While we do have "moving" water in Louisiana, it isn't the sort of water most people would associate with "moving." Bayous technically do flow, but the speed could probably be accurately measured in feet per hour or similar.

I hate horseflies!
yeah buddy.

horseflies have mouth parts similar to the way electric knives work, except there are cutting edges on both sides of the reciprocating blades, and there are 3 of them instead of 2. You know. Just to be sure it cuts all the way through the flesh. Cuz eff you.

1679262686966.png

Tsetse fly proboscis looks similar to a mosquito, except enhanced by aliens with some special sort of alien steroids and metallurgical advances we still aren't clear on.
1679262995215.png

1679263852281.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois