on a lighter note...

322395185_481759374099687_5308053515699674985_n.jpg
 
Kamchatka gets a lot of snow in winter. Sometimes several meters per day, so that the planes at the airport are filled up to the level of the wings. In the city, streets are cleared like tunnels, outside the city - in different ways. People and animals somehow adapt.
In the summer, a Japanese man came there to hunt a bear. He noticed that the trees by the road seemed to be trimmed to a height of 4 meters. ""What is it?". The attendant replies, "Oh, the hares chewed it."
 
They're a species of horsefliles. The bite for blood and the beaches are loaded with unwilling hosts.
FYI: https://nj1015.com/biting-flies-nj-beaches/
Dear God, horseflies and deerflies both...a BIG "no thank you."

I was corresponding with J Alain Smith and asked him which are worse - tsetse flies or horseflies. He said it was close, but that tsetse flies are worse.

Kinda weird. Dad (a PhD entomologist) tells me that horseflies really need moving water in order for the eggs to mature properly. While we do have "moving" water in Louisiana, it isn't the sort of water most people would associate with "moving." Bayous technically do flow, but the speed could probably be accurately measured in feet per hour or similar.
 
I hate horseflies!
yeah buddy.

horseflies have mouth parts similar to the way electric knives work, except there are cutting edges on both sides of the reciprocating blades, and there are 3 of them instead of 2. You know. Just to be sure it cuts all the way through the flesh. Cuz eff you.

1679262686966.png


Tsetse fly proboscis looks similar to a mosquito, except enhanced by aliens with some special sort of alien steroids and metallurgical advances we still aren't clear on.
1679262995215.png
 
1679263852281.jpeg
 
yeah buddy.

horseflies have mouth parts similar to the way electric knives work, except there are cutting edges on both sides of the reciprocating blades, and there are 3 of them instead of 2. You know. Just to be sure it cuts all the way through the flesh. Cuz eff you.

View attachment 523858

Tsetse fly proboscis looks similar to a mosquito, except enhanced by aliens with some special sort of alien steroids and metallurgical advances we still aren't clear on.
View attachment 523859
I thoroughly despise both!!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,270
Messages
1,571,232
Members
169,291
Latest member
micimistcu1975
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top