on a lighter note...

D90CA938-364D-4F14-8FB7-D42C1F4AA85D.jpeg

Port Alfred where the Kowie River hits the ocean.
My outfitter and I went through that spot, on a better day, to do some shark fishing (unsuccessful on shark, but we did catch some fish).

He said, It's all about timing when exiting the river into the ocean. That many boaters have had to be rescued, or bodies recovered, by misjudging the current and waves resulting in boaters sinking or flipping thier boats.

My outfitter and I went through that spot, on a better day, to do some shark fishing (unsuccessful on shark, but we did catch some fish).

He said, It's all about timing when exiting the river into the ocean. That many boaters have had to be rescued, or bodies recovered, by misjudging the current and waves resulting in boaters sinking or flipping their boats.
I have pictures of that break water with waves going thirty feet in the air when they hit it.
You need some mad skills to navigate that on a good day. :P Boat:

I have pictures of that break water with waves going thirty feet in the air when they hit it.
You need some mad skills to navigate that on a good day. :P Boat:

On our way down the river my outfitter was telling me 4 people had to be rescued after their boat sank and 2 others had drowned, their boat flipped over, around the time of or just prior to my arrival because the waves and under current were too strong, that the boat operators misjudged thier timing of the waves and the boat motor lacked the power.

We were in his 4-6 person "rubber" raft that day. It was a bit calmer that day compared to the first time my PH took me thier on a sightseeing trip. Still a bit of an adrenaline rush.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg