on a lighter note...

D90CA938-364D-4F14-8FB7-D42C1F4AA85D.jpeg
 
Port Alfred where the Kowie River hits the ocean.
My outfitter and I went through that spot, on a better day, to do some shark fishing (unsuccessful on shark, but we did catch some fish).

He said, It's all about timing when exiting the river into the ocean. That many boaters have had to be rescued, or bodies recovered, by misjudging the current and waves resulting in boaters sinking or flipping thier boats.
 
My outfitter and I went through that spot, on a better day, to do some shark fishing (unsuccessful on shark, but we did catch some fish).

He said, It's all about timing when exiting the river into the ocean. That many boaters have had to be rescued, or bodies recovered, by misjudging the current and waves resulting in boaters sinking or flipping their boats.
I have pictures of that break water with waves going thirty feet in the air when they hit it.
You need some mad skills to navigate that on a good day. :P Boat:
 
I have pictures of that break water with waves going thirty feet in the air when they hit it.
You need some mad skills to navigate that on a good day. :P Boat:

On our way down the river my outfitter was telling me 4 people had to be rescued after their boat sank and 2 others had drowned, their boat flipped over, around the time of or just prior to my arrival because the waves and under current were too strong, that the boat operators misjudged thier timing of the waves and the boat motor lacked the power.

We were in his 4-6 person "rubber" raft that day. It was a bit calmer that day compared to the first time my PH took me thier on a sightseeing trip. Still a bit of an adrenaline rush.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,379
Messages
1,574,602
Members
170,070
Latest member
Edythe58M4
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top