on a lighter note...

43BB2F1F-5425-4790-A0D1-4185847A01EA.jpeg

View attachment 520149
When being pulled over, I have been asked why I am going so fast. My reply has always been, “Because I did not see you there.” :E Big Grin:
@Just Gina
When I was truck driving my excuse was I rang my wife and she told me she would like to get pregnant tonight and would prefer it if I was home.
Bob

Did u get a ticket? :ROFLMAO:
Nope! So far I have always managed to not get one. I gave a cop a get out of jail free card one time from a monopoly game. :E Big Grin:

@Bob Nelson 35Whelen
Did it get you out of the ticket? :E Laugh:
I have yet to get a ticket. *knocks on wood* and I have been pulled over a LOT!! :E Angel:
That’s probably because you started reciting the attributes and ballistic tables for the .35 Whelen and he/she just let you go with a warning so you would just drive away? LOL

I once used a Jedi mind trick on a cop and said while waving my hand. I pull you over by mistake, I will not give you a ticket, have a great day. He had a good laugh, told me Jedi tricks didn't work on him because he was a Jedi master, and gave me a warning. :ROFLMAO:

I’ll never forget how I was 17 living on my own and I explained to my friends how extended warranties work. I mentioned that my entire means of survival rested on selling as many as possible at Montgomery Wards ”Electric Avenue”. I then gave them basic napkin math of how it works. Clearly my cumulative highschool GPA of 0.34 was too advanced for my circle of friends because they couldn’t understand why they were bad.

A few years later, my circle of friends are then selling a variety of insurance products and they cannot understand why I won’t buy most of those, even though I was an executive at an insurance company.

People do not understand fear, uncertainty, and doubt are powerful tools of mind control.

Just last year a relative was telling me I was a moron being underinsured by his standards and that I should spend an additional $10,000 per year for “peace of mind” with his agency. His eyes glazed over when we wanted to discuss actuarial tables and likelihood and impact of loss. The notion you don’t have to transfer risk if you avoid/accept/mitigate it instead. He just kept pushing whole and universal life, LTC, annuities, and other scams that had the same sophistication of my hustle at Montgomery Wards decades earlier.

Bottom line, people’s cognitive reasoning goes out the window if you can play on emotion which disrupts the brain’s ability to do simple math.

I’ll never forget how I was 17 living on my own and I explained to my friends how extended warranties work. I mentioned that my entire means of survival rested on selling as many as possible at Montgomery Wards ”Electric Avenue”. I then gave them basic napkin math of how it works. Clearly my cumulative highschool GPA of 0.34 was too advanced for my circle of friends because they couldn’t understand why they were bad.

A few years later, my circle of friends are then selling a variety of insurance products and they cannot understand why I won’t buy most of those, even though I was an executive at an insurance company.

People do not understand fear, uncertainty, and doubt are powerful tools of mind control.

Just last year a relative was telling me I was a moron being underinsured by his standards and that I should spend an additional $10,000 per year for “peace of mind” with his agency. His eyes glazed over when we wanted to discuss actuarial tables and likelihood and impact of loss. The notion you don’t have to transfer risk if you avoid/accept/mitigate it instead. He just kept pushing whole and universal life, LTC, annuities, and other scams that had the same sophistication of my hustle at Montgomery Wards decades earlier.

Bottom line, people’s cognitive reasoning goes out the window if you can play on emotion which disrupts the brain’s ability to do simple math.

When you make ten of these pushy insurance agents smile as they write multiple high coverage policies on you. Cause you know you're that one in a million, a jinks or just naturally accident prone, that needs all the auto and health insurance coverage you can get.

GAHAWHWMPBFX7P3PQNGMDUEPVU.jpg

(Two days later)

And just like that, those ten insurance companies went bankrupt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg