Sideshow

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
New Zealand, UK, France
Hello to you all.
Ex Kiwi now living in the UK.
Have 2 and a half years of over-landing experience in Eastern Southern Africa. Driving backpackers around through 27 national parks and reserves. (That was the last count).
Would start in Nairobi and then head up to the gorillas then head south.
Missed 9/11 by four days as we where stuck in a river bed up the skeleton coast. Drove into Swakopmund and headed to the pub to find a rather strange Bruce Willis movie on tv. Got out shortly after that when the boss handed me a cell phone and said he wanted a call every day.
Been living in the UK since then.
Started hunting around 4years old with me Dad back in NZ with ducks and rabbits.
Moved onto bigger when I left here high school.
Now looking at going back to Africa for a buff.
Cheers S

Welcome to AH Sideshow!

:S Welcome: to AH!

Thanks for the welcomes. Stumbled on the site when looking a 404j builds. Then started reading the buff hunting threads. :LOL:

Here’s a bit of what I used to do. Not me in the video but was the company I used to work for.

Side show, welcome to the site, would love to share solemn tales around a camp fire.
Please feel free to email me of info. info@spearsafaris.com
Cheers
Ernest

You have lived a life many would be envious of-good luck with upcoming buff planning and hunt!
I would love to go shoot waterfowl in nz

Hello Sideshow,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Thanks Dog
Where abouts in Namibia are you?
One of my favourite countries. Especially around Brandberg mt. Although I did like the north area up around Popa falls even though I only went there the once. Must have been through Etosha 8/9 times.

Giday Sideshow. Welcome to the A H forums

Good luck on your return hunt. Interesting job you had.

Hi @Sideshow, welcome to AH. Considering your extensive Africa travels and the desire to take a buff I would say you definitely have The Sniff.

Good day Sideshow, welcome to AH. Hope you are doing well. GTA is a long standing Outfitting operation facilitating free-ranging safaris in Tanzania, Namibia (incl Caprivi), Botswana, South Africa and Cameroon. GTA's diverse offering in five countries provides clients with the flexibility to tailor their Safari to fit their specific needs taking into account their planned journey, experience expectation and species diversity. You are welcome to contact us with your basic needs or framework plan and we can assist to put a best fit Safari proposal together to start the conversation/ for consideration.

You are welcome to email me on what you have in mind as the offerings in the various countries provides for different experiences. Enjoy the planning.

Hunting reports on AfricaHunting.com for Game Trackers Africa:
- https://www.africahunting.com/threads/tanzania-three-generations-hunt-the-selous.45182/
- https://www.africahunting.com/threa...me-trackers-africa-in-the-eastern-cape.39710/
- https://www.africahunting.com/threads/tanzania-great-adventure-with-game-trackers-africa.40875/
- https://www.africahunting.com/threa...rk-continent-with-game-trackers-africa.40876/

Welcome to AH! Sounds like you have lived quite the adventurous life already!

You spoke of a 404 Jeff build, tell us more :)

Thanks Dog
Where abouts in Namibia are you?
One of my favourite countries. Especially around Brandberg mt. Although I did like the north area up around Popa falls even though I only went there the once. Must have been through Etosha 8/9 times.
Hi again Sideshow,

If you drive more or less West Bound on Road C28 from Windhoek, toward Walvis Bay, you will pass by The Khomas Hochland Highlands, (the Khomas area is approximately 1/4 to 1/3 of the way to Walvis Bay).
Having said that, as much as I truly love that specific part of Namibia (and Africa in general), I do not live there (unfortunately).
I advertise for Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, however I live full time in Anchorage, Alaska / USA.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to the family and the forum @Sideshow, you are in the right place! Looking forward to you sharing your stories!

Hey guys thanks for the reply’s.
Velo have a Tafel beer for me when you get back to Namibi! I never drove the Swakop To Windhoek road. We always came down the skeleton coast and out at fish river.
As for the 404 I’ve an affinity with old cartridge. Built a 7x57 on an old BSA cf2 action.
Have shoot both a 416 and a 404 felt better with the 404. The 416 is what I’d call a snotty recoil. But that’s just me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg