Number of countries visited?

44, so far.....
In the beginning , just resort travel, then once the bug bit, more wandering. A backpacker on a shoestring budget at first, but as I get a little older, and my income increases, so does my level of comfort. I still travel Economy Class, just stay in better accommodation, and eat way, way better!
Only in the last few years have I begun to incorporate some hunting into these trips, as budget and Minister of Finance allows...

Never counted, but if it has an oilterminal I have probably been there.

25 for me, all personal travel, not work related.

44, so far.....
In the beginning , just resort travel, then once the bug bit, more wandering. A backpacker on a shoestring budget at first, but as I get a little older, and my income increases, so does my level of comfort. I still travel Economy Class, just stay in better accommodation, and eat way, way better!
Only in the last few years have I begun to incorporate some hunting into these trips, as budget and Minister of Finance allows...
When finances are good or my miles have built up I try to fly business because I actually speep lying flat. A recent discovery is Economy Plus, cheaper than business but still far better than economy, especially on Virgin Atlantic, my new favourite airline, no blue anywhere.

A paltry 10 on 3 continents. But I am only 33, so there’s plenty of time (Lord willing).

Spain or Scotland would be my #1 to date.

Well, let's see;
Canada S. Korea
Mexico Japan
England Taiwan
Ireland Okinawa
Scotland Philippines
Wales RSA
China And, of course, forty some odd states.

Never kept count. Though been to most of Europe (some of the countries have split up since then), about half of Africa, most of South America, most of the Middle East, only China, India, Korea and Japan in Asia. Never been to NZ or Australia.

Only 13 States plus Guam though.

I just went through the list of Countries and Territories on the Travelers Century Club that was mentioned earlier. The number I came up with was 57 but that feels like an inflated number to me. I got credit for Alaska, USVI and Puerto Rico which probably shouldn't count. Also got credit for Turkey/Europe and Turkey/Asia which shouldn't count. Also got credit for Prince Edward Island that shouldn't count. On the other hand I have been in southern Sudan but not in the country of South Sudan since it wasn't a country when I was there.

I have traveled fairly extensively in North America by vehicle. Fairbanks to Mexico City and Atlantic to Pacific:

In America I am missing Hawaii. We were saving it for last. A family member going on hospice and now covid have postponed those trips.

In Canada I am missing Labrador/Newfoundland, Nunavut and NW Territory.

In Mexico I am probably missing half of the states. Unfortunately I will probably not be doing more vehicle travel to Mexico in the future.

We live in a beautiful and amazing world. I hope to see more of it as long as the money, time and health hold out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg