Number of countries visited?

79. Mostly thanks to Uncle Sam!

I’ve lost count.. but crossed over the 100 mark more than 10 years ago... I’d guess the number is somewhere around 125 or so today...

I was truly blessed and privileged (as well as suffered the consequences of...) early in my career to be in a position where I spent the better part of 200 days a year traveling internationally, and managed to spend time in 86 different countries during a 3 year period of time...

While that was an incredible experience.. it also took a toll on mind, body, and soul... and I was glad when that ride was over...

So much so that I took a job that required me to live in Iraq for 6 months followed by 6 more months in Afghanistan before I got to “move” back to the US... where I still spent 40-50% of the next 3 years pivoting between East TN, Iraq, Afghanistan, Jordan, UAE, and Haiti lol...

For the last 10-12 years I’ve pretty much only had to travel internationally 2-4 times a year for work.. and generally it’s to just a handful of countries (same places year over year)... and I might make 1-2 international trips for personal reasons (hunting, vacation, etc) a year tops...

While I love seeing new places, meeting new people, and experiencing new things... I am eternally grateful that the pace has slowed over the past few years...

I’ve lost count.. but crossed over the 100 mark more than 10 years ago... I’d guess the number is somewhere around 125 or so today...

I was truly blessed and privileged (as well as suffered the consequences of...) early in my career to be in a position where I spent the better part of 200 days a year traveling internationally, and managed to spend time in 86 different countries during a 3 year period of time...

While that was an incredible experience.. it also took a toll on mind, body, and soul... and I was glad when that ride was over...

So much so that I took a job that required me to live in Iraq for 6 months followed by 6 more months in Afghanistan before I got to “move” back to the US... where I still spent 40-50% of the next 3 years pivoting between East TN, Iraq, Afghanistan, Jordan, UAE, and Haiti lol...

For the last 10-12 years I’ve pretty much only had to travel internationally 2-4 times a year for work.. and generally it’s to just a handful of countries (same places year over year)... and I might make 1-2 international trips for personal reasons (hunting, vacation, etc) a year tops...

While I love seeing new places, meeting new people, and experiencing new things... I am eternally grateful that the pace has slowed over the past few years...

I used to spend over 200 days a year traveling. It was fun and provided much excitement, but it also took a huge personal toll on me. I am lucky I realized before it got to a point where turning it around might not have worked.

Only 12, but all for fun! Not sure I could handle some of you guys’ big numbers...amazing!

A meager 14 countries and 48 states for me. But it's been fun so far. I hope at some point to increase that dramatically.

44 - and like @wesheltonj hoping to manage Zambia in August.

A meager 14 countries and 48 states for me. But it's been fun so far. I hope at some point to increase that dramatically.

You’ve got me well beat on states... there is a ton of the US I have yet to see...

For all of the world travel I have managed to pull off over the years.. I have only seen 35 states... much of the northeast and of the west I’ve never laid eyes on..

ND, MT, ID, VT, and ME all have things I’d like to see/experience.. but I haven’t managed to make it there yet...

@Ragman I think I’m pretty tough competition for least traveled.
30 states of the lower 48
Mexico
Canada
Netherlands
Germany
Belgium
South Africa

I don’t leave the farm as much as I should (or so I’m told).
I DO travel all day nearly everyday...it just happens to be in circles so I don’t get anywhere. ;)

49 countries, 6 continents. I love backpacking and low budget travel.

56 countries mostly for business. One of my kids asked this question last year and I had never really counted. We took out a globe and it was 56, hopefully add a couple Africa countries this coming year.

A globe? Let me guess it still has countries called Zaire ,USSR and S.W.A!

Hmmm, not sure, 12 countries in Africa, all of North America, several countries in Central and South America, basically all of Western Europe, Russia, Ukraine, China, Japan.

All as tourist or hunter:
1. USA 6. Turkey 11. Senegal
2. Canada 7. China 12. CAR
3. Mexico 8. Tajikistan 13. Tanzania
4. France 9. Tibet 14. S. Africa
5. Netherlands 10. Cameroon 15. Moz

16. Zimbabwe

Thanks to Uncle Sam, I've visited several countries and states here in the US, and some on my own.
States: GA, FL, TX, MS, NM, AZ, KA(Kalifornia), OR, SC, SD, & CO, NJ, NY, DC, MO, IL.
Countries: Italy (Sicily), Germany, Spain, Honduras, Nicaragua, Japan, Korea, South Africa.

Hmmm, not sure, 12 countries in Africa, all of North America, several countries in Central and South America, basically all of Western Europe, Russia, Ukraine, China, Japan.
Geez! Have you ever seen your back yard? ;)

I'm only counting places that I have spent more than a week in country, not transiting through...

Canada, Okinawa (technically Japan, but the people of the island would argue that point), Namibia, Bahrain, Kuwait.

My passport goal is to check off Europe and South America at some point in time.

All as tourist or hunter:
1. USA 6. Turkey 11. Senegal
2. Canada 7. China 12. CAR
3. Mexico 8. Tajikistan 13. Tanzania
4. France 9. Tibet 14. S. Africa
5. Netherlands 10. Cameroon 15. Moz

16. Zimbabwe
Zim the most! Hunting?

More than just the countries, it was all the internal flights that got to me, sometimes 6 internal legs, for example in Russia. And the number of legs to get to some of these countries was insane, like Harare-Johannesburg - Sao Paulo - Lima - Panama - Trinidad - Guyana. Then about 20 return trips a year Harare to Johannesburg. Net result was a huge amount of time in airports and actually in the air, certainly in the hundreds, i think I once tallied up 600 or so. And in that lot were 6 emergency landings, including a bird strike and a very scary incident where the pilots apparently lost communication with rhe engines and we emergency landed at a terrific speed with fire engines lined up. Enough! I miss none of it. I still have to travel a fair bit, but that is going to get trimmed too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisabeth1

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross