Not a hunter yet ... seeking permission

Hello everyone.

I have been shooting rifles and handguns as long as I have been married, almost 30 years. Never been on a hunt. But that will be changing.
My wife and her dad were a big influence as they go on a yearly hunt throughout the Pacific Northwest for deer and elk.
Recently, my father-in law has decided his hunting days are over due to health. In his 85 years, he has managed to hunt all the animals he wanted in all the continents of the world. He successfully completed the Ovis Grand Slam in 2005. My wife has had the pleasure to hunt with him. Now it is time for me to step up and start the new tradition. I have a lot to learn. Looking forward to my first hunt next season 2022 unless can arrange something late this season.

In the short term, my wife and I are helping my father-in law to sell much of the gear. Even though we are keeping a fair amount, there is still too much.
Thus I hope to gain permission to share some of these items especially manufactured big game ammo 375 H&H, 416 Rigby to name a few.
I managed to find this site as I was researching some of the ammo (like A-Square 375 H&H) as I have been posting on Accurate Shooter forum.
Again, want to be transparent of my intentions. Hope some of these items are good value and good use for your hunts.

thanks,

Al
Welcome to AH

Hello alg22,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Thank you kindly Velo!
Welcome. A word of caution: This is Africa Hunting. Hang onto your 375 ammo. I guarantee you that before too long you will start reading hunting reports and deals. The Africa bug will take a chunk out of your hide and you will be planninig a safari. It happened to all of us. Anything you want to know about African hunting, guns, ammo, gear, etc. this is the place. Just ask.

Welcome to AH!

alg22, welcome to the AH forum! You’ll find plenty of hunting info on here to get you going. I only hope I can make it to 85 and hunted all the way same as your father-in-law! I sure he has some great stories to entice you. Best of luck in your journey.

Welcome to AH, this place is full of enablers!

Welcome aboard alg22. Perhaps you can get your father-in-law to join AH. I bet he has some stories to tell and photos to share.

Welcome to AH, you are in the right place!

Thank you kindly Velo!
@alg22
Sit down, hang on and start reading.
You will be addicted in about 30 seconds.
Hunting isn't just about killing an animal. It involves a whole range of things from friendship with like mined others, learning about and appreciation of the animals you hunt, just the sheer joy of being in the bush and away from the daily grind.
Ask your wife what attracted her to hunting and learn all you can from her and father in law.
Lock your wallet away as there are to many temptations to buy on this site.
Welcome from Australia.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg