Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI,DSC, QDMA, QU
Hunted
Africa, Europe, Asia, North America
I got voted in last night as the new President of our local SCI Chapter (Great Plains Chapter). Woo Hoo. Now the work/fun begins!! I'm actually pretty excited to take a more active role in our chapter and in SCI in general. Is anyone else active with their local chapter?

Congratulations TOM!

Congratulations Tom!!!

Yep, now all the work begins....LOL

Congrats Tom! I am president of a new chapter where I live. It is lots of work, but good people around you will make the job easier. Maybe I will see you at the board meeting in DC mid May.:)

Thanks guys! Kelly, i would see you there but unfortunately/fortunately, i'll be in africa at that time. I will be at the meeting in September though. Are you going to that one?

Congratulations Tom! I think you'll find serving as chapter president to be a very worthwhile and rewarding experience. I salute you for stepping forward and becoming involved.

Quite some time ago I served as president of the Los Angeles chapter which is the founding chapter of the SCI organization. I remained very active on a local level for more than twenty years but more recently I've enjoyed stepping back and taking my place at a table in the rear of the room. I very much enjoy the many friendships I've made over the years through my affiliation with SCI and I presently maintain a membership in two local SCI chapters.

Congratulations and best of luck to you!

I'm not sure Tom. I thought the Jackson Hole meeting was August. If it is September I may make it, but it will depend on the dates as I will be in Europe for a couple of weeks in September.

Now that we both know how long Big 5 was chapter executive we know who to turn to for direction when we need it. ;)

. . . Kelly, you'll find me waaaay in the back of the room at a table with a few other has-beens. I'll be the guy with the double scotch rocks. All kidding aside, I do sincerely congratulate you and Tom and respect you both for accepting the responsibility of leadership within your respective chapters. Too many folks want to sit on their hands yet enjoy the benefits provided to them by the hard work of others like you.

I wish you both the best.

Congrats Tom that is great news! I am sure you you will do a great job!:D

Congratulations Tom , great going !!!!!!!

Monish

Tom, congratulations and a big "ATTA BOY!" for involving yourself with an excellent organization with an important mission. Sincerely. a grateful Safari Club International member. Ty

I'm the president of the N.E. Wis chapter. Congratulations. The meeting in Jackson Hole is Aug.25 - 28. i will be in attendance!

I got voted in last night as the new President of our local SCI Chapter (Great Plains Chapter). Woo Hoo. Now the work/fun begins!! I'm actually pretty excited to take a more active role in our chapter and in SCI in general. Is anyone else active with their local chapter?
Tom
Congratulations on your new role as Chapter President!
I am serving as VP of the San Angelo Chapter. We are very proud of our ranking of #2 in terms of fundraising to SCI among the 150 chapters worldwide. Our banquet is March 5th and is an event not to be missed.
SCI has many opportunities to serve and I believe chapters are where it all starts.
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois