Welcome to AH. I’m heading to Namibia in about 10 weeks so pass on a few stories or pics!

Welcome to AH. I’m heading to Namibia in about 10 weeks so pass on a few stories or pics!
Will this be your first time there? You will love it, I am sure. Where are you going? Just you, or with family or friends? Looks like it is not your first rodeo, so you know about getting your gear into SA. If you have not been up to Namibia before you will be refreshed by the size of the airport, although getting their little arrival form filled out and getting in a line to get stamped through can take some time if you do not get near the front of one of the lines. The pace of Africa begins right there! Then you will have to wait for your firearms near a little office. Once they find the guy to open the office, and he gets the firearms from the aircraft (tick-tock), it doesn't take long. I am sure you will enjoy the scenery and your hunt. As hunters, that is a given, but I always try to spend 3-5 days down at the coast in Swakopmund. Go out on the dunes there. Or some fishing. At least a boat excursion out of Walvis Bay. If your wife is with you, there are some great places to stay and she can have some spa pampering. It is just a great way to end a hunt and wind down. Plus, why fly that far for a week or 10 days... Tell me more about where you are going and what you are hoping to hunt.

Walvis Bay.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Arctic97, hunted mostly in Michigan. Then after I retired I was able to hunt Texas, Missouri and then Africa. Now my oldest son and I are headed back for Africa this July for some different Plains Game. There is a group of guys from AH going on a hunt with Paw Print Safaris, some of them have either Buffalo or Hippo on their menu. I have Eland, Kudu, Nyala, Bushbuck, Zebra and maybe a Sable providing I get all of the others first. I spend more hours in the woods with a bow than I do a rifle. But these days I use a Crossbow since I can't draw my Mathews anymore.

Arctic97, hunted mostly in Michigan. Then after I retired I was able to hunt Texas, Missouri and then Africa. Now my oldest son and I are headed back for Africa this July for some different Plains Game. There is a group of guys from AH going on a hunt with Paw Print Safaris, some of them have either Buffalo or Hippo on their menu. I have Eland, Kudu, Nyala, Bushbuck, Zebra and maybe a Sable providing I get all of the others first. I spend more hours in the woods with a bow than I do a rifle. But these days I use a Crossbow since I can't draw my Mathews anymore.
Nothing better than sharing Africa with your son! Hope you guys have a great trip! Look forward to hearing about it.

Welcome to AH Arctic97! Glad you found us and joined our community.

Welcome to the best forum Arctic97! Enjoy!

Welcome to AH @Arctic97! Nice to have you on the posting side, looking forward to reading your posts.

Will this be your first time there? You will love it, I am sure. Where are you going? Just you, or with family or friends? Looks like it is not your first rodeo, so you know about getting your gear into SA. If you have not been up to Namibia before you will be refreshed by the size of the airport, although getting their little arrival form filled out and getting in a line to get stamped through can take some time if you do not get near the front of one of the lines. The pace of Africa begins right there! Then you will have to wait for your firearms near a little office. Once they find the guy to open the office, and he gets the firearms from the aircraft (tick-tock), it doesn't take long. I am sure you will enjoy the scenery and your hunt. As hunters, that is a given, but I always try to spend 3-5 days down at the coast in Swakopmund. Go out on the dunes there. Or some fishing. At least a boat excursion out of Walvis Bay. If your wife is with you, there are some great places to stay and she can have some spa pampering. It is just a great way to end a hunt and wind down. Plus, why fly that far for a week or 10 days... Tell me more about where you are going and what you are hoping to hunt.

View attachment 225744

Will be there for 12 days not counting arrival and departure day. A group of 4. We are going to see the Kalahari area for a few days for Oryx, an area with mountain Zebra and then the majority on a area primarily for bow. We want to see some different terrain and experience all we can. Animals targeted include oryx, Zebra, Kudu, springbuck, warthogs and maybe Eland. Maybe a Giraffe with the bow if I get things set up properly. As usual we’ll likely take what the good lord offers, especially if good opportunities with the bow. Can’t wait to get there.

Hello, I have visited this site many times and finally decided to dive in. I have been blessed to have seen some of "old East Africa" right after the hunting in Kenya was halted. Although those 1st few trips were with camera only, it really whet my appetite to return. 25 years of reading EVERYTHING African hunt based, also provided motivation. Three trips with Namibian friends, in wild places that were not always safari or hunt areas, has now cemented the passion. Looking forward to all I see on offer here, especially contacts with like minded hunters.....
Welcome Arctic97 - contact us for your next old style free range plains game safari

Will be there for 12 days not counting arrival and departure day. A group of 4. We are going to see the Kalahari area for a few days for Oryx, an area with mountain Zebra and then the majority on a area primarily for bow. We want to see some different terrain and experience all we can. Animals targeted include oryx, Zebra, Kudu, springbuck, warthogs and maybe Eland. Maybe a Giraffe with the bow if I get things set up properly. As usual we’ll likely take what the good lord offers, especially if good opportunities with the bow. Can’t wait to get there.

You are going to have a blast. I am envious! I have taken the Mt. Zebra 3 times in different areas, and it was the one animal I thought for sure one was gonna be enough! The Kalahari is definitely worth seeing. 12 days is about right to be able to slow your pace enough to enjoy your time there. I don't know how people do those 7 or 8 day hunts. I have been lucky to have the time to extend my stays there. From your picture, it looks like you like to fish. You should try to go out for a day if you can get to Walvis Bay or Swakopmund. Hope to see some of your pictures and find out exactly where you went. Stories also. Good huntin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross