AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
Namibia, R.S.A., Alaska, Idaho, Wyoming, Michigan, Missouri, California, Florida
Hello, I have visited this site many times and finally decided to dive in. I have been blessed to have seen some of "old East Africa" right after the hunting in Kenya was halted. Although those 1st few trips were with camera only, it really whet my appetite to return. 25 years of reading EVERYTHING African hunt based, also provided motivation. Three trips with Namibian friends, in wild places that were not always safari or hunt areas, has now cemented the passion. Looking forward to all I see on offer here, especially contacts with like minded hunters.....

Welcome to AH Arctic97! Nice to have you join the conversation.

Welcome, I’m new also and there is so much information on here. Everyone is friendly and helpful!

Welcome!!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH! Please share your hunting experiences in Namibia.

Welcome aboard Arctic97. Sounds like all you need is a slight "nudge" to get you hunting in Africa. Stick around here and we'll give it to you.

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH sir. Perhaps you would share some of your pictures.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome aboard Arctic97. Sounds like all you need is a slight "nudge" to get you hunting in Africa. Stick around here and we'll give it to you.
Oh, I have hunted on 3 separate trips, so no "nudge" needed. lol I have been lucky in that I have hunted with Namibian friends there, so I was allowed onto properties that were not all ran as hunt camps. Stayed in peoples homes, with their families and hunted their "farms". Also as I gained some trust, I have been allowed to go out on my own, which is something that very few people get to experience. I am a lucky man.

Lucky isn't the word for it. Are you planning an African hunt any time soon? If so, what animals are on your list. What have you hunted in the states? What caliber rifles do you own? Do you reload? I see that you got around a lot I'm from Michigan but have hunted a few times in Texas and Missouri. I have been dreaming about an Elk Hunt in the Bob Marshall Wilderness for about 35 years. But in all seriousness it is cheaper for a non resident to hunt African Plains Game than go on a guided Elk Hunt.

Welcome to AH !

Welcome Arctic97!

Lucky isn't the word for it. Are you planning an African hunt any time soon? If so, what animals are on your list. What have you hunted in the states? What caliber rifles do you own? Do you reload? I see that you got around a lot I'm from Michigan but have hunted a few times in Texas and Missouri. I have been dreaming about an Elk Hunt in the Bob Marshall Wilderness for about 35 years. But in all seriousness it is cheaper for a non resident to hunt African Plains Game than go on a guided Elk Hunt.

Hello Shootist43, That is a great pic of you and your Wildebeest. Yes, I am ALWAYS planning a trip back - 2019. I think the planning starts on the plane ride home, doesn't it? Actually, a Blue Wildebeest may be on my list next time. I was with my daughter when she took one. Very beautiful animal. I also have a hankering for a Klipspringer. I grew up in Michigan, so have hunted whitetail there, although when I was a kid, there were not nearly as many as now. I have had some fun hunts for Mule Deer and Pronghorn in Wyoming. I have only killed one Black Bear - in California, with handgun using dogs, up in Humboldt county. Elk in Idaho. Caribou in Alaska. I am lucky to have been a resident in all these states, because I totally agree with you - there is more bang for your buck in Africa than on a guided hunt in North America. I do reload. For Africa I use either a 30-06 or .375 H&H. My advice to you is, if you can find a way to afford the hunt you have dreamed of, to do it before ole man time catches up to you. Where all have you hunted??

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RockyGarri

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg