New Member Here, Howdy

AR167

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hello all, feel like I know some of you already by trying to read all the great info that has been posted.
Planning on contributing shortly, looks like I'll be headed to Africa soon on my first Safari, and I honestly haven't slept well since! Does Africa call your name in the middle of the night? lol

Regards,

Lee

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH AR167! Where are you heading and what are you after?

RSA. Don't have all the details yet but definitely want a Warthog. Other than that I'm open to what is available and what the PH recommends.

Welcome to AH Lee!

Welcome to our forum AR167. You can have all of your questions answered here pertaining to hunting Africa. Enjoy the research and planning. I am not sure about dreaming about it, but many here think about it most of our waking hours! And after you go once, it just gets worse!

Welcome to AH! As I’m sure you’ve seen, this is THE PLACE for info on hunting Africa.
I love your choice of warthog as your number one trophy. It was my number two on my first safari. My PH thought I was nuts for wanting a full mount warthog, but it’s the first trophy you see when you walk in the front door. LOVE THOSE PIGS!

Welcome to our place Lee.

Welcome aboard AR167. How about a little more information about yourself as it is related to hunting? Things like what have you hunted in the States, what kind and caliber rifles do you own, do you reload. Who have you booked with, where will you be hunting? Warthogs seem to be everywhere so they are not difficult to find. Personally, I prefer a nice Russian Boar.

Hello and welcome!

I hear ya. I have a feeling this will be a one time opportunity for me. May have to get a Cape Buff the first go round. ;-)

As to my hunting experience it is mainly centered around whitetail and wild hogs. The latter being my speciality. Night hunting is a fun activity especially when the temps and humidity are high down here in South Louisiana. Thermal optics with suppressed AR-15's operating at night is about as much as you can have with your clothes on IMHO.

I'm a fairly decent reloader and would definitely like to see if my loads have what it takes in Africa. Currently I am considering 2 rifles to bring over, but the more I read I might have to reconsider. I have two LH Wby Mark V's that I shoot well and are in .460 and .340Wby. Left handed guns tend to be scarce so over time I've gravitated towards the Wby's.

Welcome and enjoy he journey

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH, I love warthogs !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg