Tn_Huntaholic

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NWTF
Hello! As a 54 yr old lifelong hunter it just stands to reason that my thoughts would eventually turn to hunting other continents besides North America lol. What brought me to this site was doing research on a .375 H&H I just came into possession of. After a couple days of digging around Im thinking I just might have the "perfect" gun to take anywhere for anything! Its a whitworth express, one of the earlier ones by all indications. Up until yesterday my "big gun" was a .300 rem ultra mag and to be honest, except for the legal requirements for a larger caliber, Id be perfectly comfortable with it ANYWHERE and with the right bullet, kill ANYTHING. Another thing that brought me here is a recent friendship I just made with a man that has done the Africa thing several times, lives here, but works shows for an outfitter in Africa. I cant remember which outfitter or where exactly, but the seed has been planted to go!

Merry Christmas and welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH on this Christmas Day! Get to Africa and use that new 375 H&H ASAP! You’ll be hooked!

Welcome aboard. Now that you have a true African caliber rifle, you MUST hunt Africa. Be forewarned though, the addiction can latch on to your soul the first morning in camp. :A Sting:

Welcome to AH Tn_Huntaholic! Merry Christmas.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH sir!

LOL Its been a slow, relaxing Christmas day here for me. Normally we are running like rabbits today but plans got changed and we are working the holiday around the rest of the family's schedule so Ive pretty much spent the whole day exploring this site and I LIKE what I see! I don't have anything useful to add to the Africa specific threads and posts YET but that's not all there is to this place and I do have a little knowledge in other areas to share so maybe I wont be a complete handicap around here! :D

Welcome to AH!

Welcome fellow Tennessean and Merry Christmas! You will this a great place to research those dreams and to glean sage wisdom and recommendations from some great folks.

Welcome brother tons of great info on AH

Welcome to our forum!

Merry Christmas! Welcome to AH.

Welcome aboard Tn_Huntaholic, you are correct, this site offers a wealth of information on all aspects of hunting, shooting, gunsmithing, knives, reloading, conservation etc. Everyone has useful knowledge that can be added as they wish. The combination of your 375 H&H and your 300 Win Mag is perfect for all PG up thru and including Eland. With the proper bullet even buffalo are possible with the 375. Do you reload? What have you hunted in the past?

Welcome and a GREAT caliber to start hunting Africa with!! Best of good hunting brother!!

Welcome! It seems you like your 300 RUM, but if you ever get tired of it, it is the perfect donor rifle for a 404 Jeffery conversion. I just did this and started sending those 400 gr bullets down range. Makes it easier to see those .423 holes in the target compared to the smallish .308 holes. :)

Thanks for the welcomes! As far as what Ive hunted goes, pretty much everything in the states with the exception of moose and bison. Just this year alone Ive been Ontario bear hunting, WY pronghorn hunting, MT mule deer hunting and TX for whitetails and hogs. I made those same 4 trips last year as well. In the past Ive been to Quebec 3 times for caribou, to CO 3 times for elk, and to more states than I can count multiple times chasing turkeys. Someone mentioned converting my .300 ultra, NO WAY! LOL. That's my baby! When I get a gun and work up a load for it, if it suits me, its home forever. I don't trade guns unless they aren't up to my expectations accuracy wise. Btw, yes I load all my own ammo, somebody asked that too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!