New member from Utah

Heath Johnson

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hello and thank you for accepting me on here. Me and my wife will be coming to South Africa in August for our first hunting trip to Africa. We will also be returning in 2020 with our son and daughter-in-law. We are very excited for our trip and would like any pointers on what not to forget. Thank you

Welcome aboard Heath Johnson. Take a look at some of the packing lists, most are pretty complete. The problem comes more from over packing rather than not packing enough. Get a one month international call plan for your phone, use Rifle Permits to assist with importation, their VIP service is well worth the cost unless you enjoy standing in lines. Practice shooting off sticks a lot. What outfitter are you going with? What animals are you planning to hunt?

Be sure to review “Safari Guide” at the top of the page!
Be forewarned, you are going to become addicted!
And welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH !

Weird-used to do alot with a guy named Heath Johnston. . . Welcome to the site and congrats on your upcoming trip. I'm in Salem if you want to swing by and compare notes, drop me a pm and we can work something out if you are interested-

Welcome come to the start of your African hunting addiction... Welcome and enjoy your first trip.

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH Heath. Lots of friendly folks here willing to answer questions.

Welcome to AH Heath Johnson!

Welcome to our forum Heath. You and the wife will love it there. If you are going this August, you are most likely already locked in! Good Luck!

Welcome aboard Heath Johnson. Take a look at some of the packing lists, most are pretty complete. The problem comes more from over packing rather than not packing enough. Get a one month international call plan for your phone, use Rifle Permits to assist with importation, their VIP service is well worth the cost unless you enjoy standing in lines. Practice shooting off sticks a lot. What outfitter are you going with? What animals are you planning to hunt?
Going with Stanley Pieterse Safaris, this trip is more for my wife than me. She has always wanted to hunt Africa. She has a good list of animals she wants. (Good thing we will be spending 20 days with Stanley) I'm going to try and get a Croc if time permits.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome, 20 days will be awesome and more than enough time time to fill your wish lists ! One of the biggest mistakes people make is going on a five day hunt with arrival and departure days making parts of 7 days. The flights are a big part of the expense so 2-3 weeks is minimum for me.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome Heath! Nothing like AH for information and getting people on their way to Africa.
If there is anything we can do for you please contact us.

Welcome to AH, and good luck on your safari. Please post a trip report once you get back. (y)

Welcome to AH, Heath!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg