ZG47

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Member of
NZDA
Hunted
New Zealand
Hi guys

I found this site whilst tracking down some of Don Heath's writing. I am (for boring reasons) more of a shooter than a hunter but I do take the occasional walk with a rifle and have learnt what my strengths and weaknesses are when shooting it.

I started shooting in 1984 (SLR L1A1) with the govt paying for the ammo then joined a smallbore club where a WWII Bren gunner, who started the club, began my real marksmanship training. I was a TF Royal New Zealand Engineer for 12 years, joined a couple of other shooting clubs and stayed with one, where I ended up running that club's rifle range complex, annual prize shoot, etc. for just over 14 years.

I joined the NZ Mountain Safety Council and was a Firearm Safety instructor for just over 16 years, stepping down to Advisor level In early 2012.

I have seen and done a few silly things with firearms over the years, investigated a few apparently nonsensical stories about firearms and hopefully learnt something over 30 years of playing with bangsticks.

Last edited:
welcome to AH zg47.

Welcome!!!

Welcome to AH! Someday I am going to retake up my love of fly fishing and visit you're beautiful country.

Welcome to AH.
Walks in the woods with a rifle is what we all do.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to this forum -- you will just love it!!

Welcome to AH ZG47! Enjoy the site.

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to the best forum ZG47,

And, I am with you on the shooting more than hunting thing.

One of the reasons that I hunt is because it's an excellent excuse to putter about with rifles, roll my own ammunition and practice, practice, practice.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy looking at well made rifles and shotguns, particularly Pre-War Mausers, single shots and doubles (even though I cannot afford to own many of those types of firearms).

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome sir to the forum

Welcome to AH will be in your country in March to hunt red stag and elk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoelKalman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg