New here, saying hi

Chamaan

New member
Joined
Jan 5, 2021
Messages
13
Reaction score
28
Hi everyone,
French hunter reporting in, i am a rookie so i plan on picking your brains if you don't mind.
For now, i hunt small and (what we call here) "big" game in France but i am considering a hunting trip for my 30's, in 2.5 years.

I will try to make my posts as readable as i can, but my english might not be the best...

Talk to you soon.
 
Welcome aboard Chamaan. Don't worry, very few guys start out hunting big game. Deer and Hogs provide all of the backdrop that is needed. Re. your English don't worry about it. There are no grammarians here, at least that I know of. What species of game have you hunted, What kind and caliber rifles do you own?
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Chamaan, welcome to the AH forum! Tons of great info on here to get you ready for and to Africa!
Best of luck for your future Africa safari!
 
Bienvenue
 
Welcome aboard Chamaan. Don't worry, very few guys start out hunting big game. Deer and Hogs provide all of the backdrop that is needed. Re. your English don't worry about it. There are no grammarians here, at least that I know of. What species of game have you hunted, What kind and caliber rifles do you own?

Hi Shootist43, and thank you everyone for your greetings.

For small game, i use a 12-gauge shotgun, namely a Beretta silver pigeon. Mostly in driven hunts : hares and rabbits, partridges, pheasants and ducks.

For big game, and still in driven hunts,it's boars, roebucks and deers with :
- a 30.06 Springfield "Pro Hunter" Steyr Mannlicher
- a .375 H&H Magnum "Alaskan M70" Winchester (most hunters in Europe swear it's overkill but i believe it's very approrpiate for big boars and deers with the appropriate bullet).

As i hope my gun choices reflect, i love ancient and noble names that paved the way in the gun industry/history, even if i can't afford some of the most prestigious ones !
 
Welcome to AH Chamaan!
 
Welcome aboard!
 
Giday Chamaan and welcome to the A H forums.
 
Welcome Chamaan to AH. Your English sounds better than mine.
This site will definitely help you with the panning stages of your first, second, third... safaris.
You have a 12ga, a 30/06 and .375; you are good to go for anything on the planet.
 
Born and raised in Texas, your English is probably better than mine.:D:S Welcome::S Welcome::S Welcome:
 
Welcome to AH.
 
Welcome to the best hunting site on the web
 
Welcome to AH Chamaan!
 
Welcome to AH! Your already set up well for a rifle selection to hunt Africa.
 
Welcome to this site. I have found that there are many very helpful members here. When I pose a question I get incredible help! Thanks for joining us. I would value a report on one of your driven hunts! Your new friend, Brian
 
Soyez le bienvenu.

Welcome to AH !
 
Welcome! I'm a Beretta and Model 70 fan myself and I also love my French made Chapuis.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,306
Messages
1,572,324
Members
169,524
Latest member
hunverealo1973
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top