New from Texas

Welcome to AH Chris Ordner! Lots of information here to prepare for your trip to Africa. Enjoy exploring the site...

Welcome to AH, Chris. Good to have you join us here.

All the best with your research, and please dont hesitate to drop us an email at Info@huntsafaris.co.za, or direct message us right here on the forum.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Giday Chris and welcome to the A H forums

Chris, welcome to the AH forum and congratulations on going to Africa! You won’t regret it!
A couple of things:
1) practice getting on sticks as quickly as possible and making an accurate shot. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat!
2) review the timeline and paperwork trail in SAFARI GUIDE at the top of the page

The planning is great fun to prepare for your adventure!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome Chris to AH!

Welcome to the AH community. Best of luck in your research. Great resource.

Welcome to AH

Welcome from another Texan. Quite a few of us one here. What part of the state are you in?

Welcome to AH! Next year you should make our little party on Friday night.

Welcome to AH Chris. You’ve come to the right place. Everyone on this site more than willing to help. Africa is an incurable disease and you’ve caught it. Welcome to the club.

Welcome to AH!

Howdy folks. New member fresh off a trip to the DSC show and trying to work out all the details for my first trip to Africa. Thanks for the add.
Dear Sir

Let us know if you need any assistance with the importation of your rifles, email henry@riflepermits.com.

Kind regards
Henry

Welcome to AH, Picked a great place to start your planning, good luck and we look forward to a hunt report on your return.

Hi Chris, welcome to AH !

Welcome. Lots of us Texans on here. The DSC Convention this year was awesome and I booked my 4th hunt for July 2021.
I agree with the poster above about practicing on sticks. Between my last two African hunts in 2018 and 2019 I had many different kinds of shots--from sticks, kneeling, off hand, quartering shots, shots kneeling and using the PH's shoulder as a rest, etc. etc. Practice as many different kinds of shots as you can, but you will definitely be shooting off sticks for most of your first shots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmaMcGill

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg