NAMIBIA: Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris Leopard Hunt

Best of luck. Stay safe and shoot straight.

Getting close to you depart. Safe travels and I’ll see you there.

Hutch01,

Just checking in with you. I believe you are set to be there the 15th while we are leaving on the 18th. Hopeful nothing crazy with airlines etc occurs.

Safe travels.

Hutch01,

We’re you able to make it to Khomas?

I’ve reazhed out to Philip a couple days and not heard back yet. Trying to figure things out as set to leave Wednesday.

Appreciate any info and if you’ve made it there and/or taking with Philip.

Much thx!!

I flew out of DFW to Frankfurt on Lufthansa without a hitch, had a dayroom at Hilton Garden Inn at the airport, showered napped and met my tour guide. She recommended avoiding the Metro and downtown, so we drove up to Wiesbaden and saw the sights for three hours. Then back to Frankfurt to catch my 8 pm over nite to WDH. I make it to check in and according to the airlines, Namibia closed its borders completely. So long story short, I just got back to DFW tonite after being routed through Chicago. CDC check went smoothly and so forth. I will reschedule leopard hunt ASAP and will start over. I’ve never travelled to Europe and back in a weekend. But I met some great people along the way and managed to fly Business Class on Lufthansa back across the pond for $450 upgrade. Pretty good deal considering all the hassles of having to just turn around. Hutch

I flew out of DFW to Frankfurt on Lufthansa without a hitch, had a dayroom at Hilton Garden Inn at the airport, showered napped and met my tour guide. She recommended avoiding the Metro and downtown, so we drove up to Wiesbaden and saw the sights for three hours. Then back to Frankfurt to catch my 8 pm over nite to WDH. I make it to check in and according to the airlines, Namibia closed its borders completely. So long story short, I just got back to DFW tonite after being routed through Chicago. CDC check went smoothly and so forth. I will reschedule leopard hunt ASAP and will start over. I’ve never travelled to Europe and back in a weekend. But I met some great people along the way and managed to fly Business Class on Lufthansa back across the pond for $450 upgrade. Pretty good deal considering all the hassles of having to just turn around. Hutch
What a bummer, but considering the timing the bright side is you got home without complications. Good luck and keep us updated on the reschedule

Hutch01,

We’re you able to make it to Khomas?

I’ve reazhed out to Philip a couple days and not heard back yet. Trying to figure things out as set to leave Wednesday.

Appreciate any info and if you’ve made it there and/or taking with Philip.

Much thx!!
Lmcquin- Stay home for now. What’s interesting is TWG sent me a COVID update from the Namibian Embassy that stated ‘there are no new entry or exit restrictions in place at this time as a result of the worldwide outbreak’. So I’m not sure what to make of that?

Namibian Embassy did not get the memo obviously!

Lmcquin- Stay home for now. What’s interesting is TWG sent me a COVID update from the Namibian Embassy that stated ‘there are no new entry or exit restrictions in place at this time as a result of the worldwide outbreak’. So I’m not sure what to make of that?
Solid advice considering recent events. Looking like most world travel is going to shut down for at least 30 days...dont want to get caught on the wrong side of that!

Last edited:
Hutch01 glad you made it back!!!!

Yes my trip is off for now and we will work to reschedule.

Philip called me Sunday and I was very appreciative that he did. Maybe we will meet up there again.

As for now I’m hunkering down and may start to ration toilet paper :)

Yes thank you, I feel fortunate to have gotten out when I did. However if i had planned my trip one day earlier, I would be leopard hunting today with my pals! Real bummer! But my return could have been interesting? When I get back on Phillips calendar, I’ll begin again. I appreciate your support..

Glad you made it back OK, but so sorry you did have the opportunity to hunt Mr Spots. I was looking forward to a great report!

Sorry. But you’ll get your chance and I know you’ll connect!

So Phillip has gotten my leopard tag transferred to 2021 and we are scheduled for a hunt 8/26/2021. Flights are booked and I will begin again a year and half later...

So Phillip has gotten my leopard tag transferred to 2021 and we are scheduled for a hunt 8/26/2021. Flights are booked and I will begin again a year and half later...
How exciting! Oh envious!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SibylLasse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,