NAMIBIA: First-Timer! - KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS

dchum

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
First I wanted to thank everyone one on this site for all the help. I have learned more than I ever imagined from yalls experience.

I graduated college this past Friday and will be going to Namibia with my father, brother in law, and my old pledge brother to celebrate. I am lucky to have a family that supports my dream of always wanting to hunt Africa.

Philips operation at @KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS seemed to be just what I was looking for - As hunting big low fence cattle ranches in South/West Texas is what I do.

We will be flying to Dallas from San Antonio and then jumping on a long Qatar flight to Doha tomorrow at 11:50pm or so. Thanks to Jennifer @TRAVEL EXPRESS for all the help.

Kudu and mountain zebra are all I can think about. I am brining my Ruger #1 in 30-06 and I am confident with this rifle. CDS dial is true and might be helpful up in the Namib Highlands.

Not sure if I will wait to get back and then post more, but I may just have to share some pictures while I’m in Namib! Stay tuned!

IMG_0533.jpeg
IMG_0528.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
First I wanted to thank everyone one on this site for all the help. I have learned more than I ever imagined from yalls experience.

I graduated college this past Friday and will be going to Namibia with my father, brother in law, and my old pledge brother to celebrate. I am lucky to have a family that supports my dream of always wanting to hunt Africa.

Philips operation at @KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS seemed to be just what I was looking for - As hunting big low fence cattle ranches in South/West Texas is what I do.

We will be flying to Dallas from San Antonio and then jumping on a long Qatar flight to Doha tomorrow at 11:50pm or so. Thanks to Jennifer @TRAVEL EXPRESS for all the help.

Kudu and mountain zebra are all I can think about. I am brining my Ruger #1 in 30-06 and I am confident with this rifle. CDS dial is true and might be helpful up in the Namib Highlands.

Not sure if I will wait to get back and then post more, but I may just have to share some pictures while I’m in Namib! Stay tuned!
You will have a great time. Phillip and his team do a fantastic job!!!! Looking forward to your report and pictures.

Top location!
Start saving, you will go back!
Succes,
Marc

Nice looking setup! Have a great trip and post lots of pics!

Very Cool.

We are headed to Khomas this week also. Arriving on the 20th. I will send you a PM

I took the exact same rifle to Africa, your going to have a great time.

Wish you the best of luck !

Hello dchum,

Congratulations on your graduation from college.

I bid you safe and happy travels plus, safe and happy hunting.

Your choice of rifle and caliber are both excellent.

I look forward to your hunt report and pictures.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Looking forward to the report as this place has been on my Top 5 for awhile.

Looking forward to the full report @dchum !! Safe travels friends.

What an awesome celebration for graduating college. Best of luck on your trip and definitely post a hunt report.

Enjoy your safari!

Viva amigo
can’t wait for the full report and LDP’s

feliz Caza

Congrats on the graduation. What a feeling that alone is. Best of luck with your future plans. As for the hunt - best of luck and have safe travels. Look forward to hearing all about it at a later date.

Your a lucky man! I’d go back and hunt with Phillip every year if I had time. Amazing country and wildlife. Hennings take care of their clients. That’s big boy country and will test your marksmanship. Zebra shoulders are like concrete. Kudu bulls can hide like you can’t imagine! Grub and facilities are perfect. Phil usually has one or two other groups in camp. Always an international experience there. I’ve hunted with Phil two hunts that equaled a whole month including leopard. Your about to have the time of your life...

Congrats and you are in good hands with Philip and company

View attachment 534110View attachment 534112
Quite a few years ago my son and I took our first safari to Africa in Namibia in the same general area you will be hunting. Kudu and mountain zebra were also our primary targets. Can't wait to hear about your experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevkala

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double