My long dreamed Rigby

Very nice. Any rifle that received Paul’s production supervision and approval is a wonderful thing. Congrats on owning one of the finest rifles produced toward the end of the last century.
 
Very nice. Any rifle that received Paul’s production supervision and approval is a wonderful thing. Congrats on owning one of the finest rifles produced toward the end of the last century.
Red Leg, thank you so much for your words, indeed I'm very proud to be the owner of this beauty. By my point of view, it's really "the perfect rifle" for what is intended. It's a working tool, and a work of art, for us passionate hunters.
Many thanks again.
 
Great Looking rifle, hopefully soon it will be in Africa where a classic firearm like that belongs.
 
Great looking Rigby! Well done!!
 
That’s beautiful congratulations! Looking forward to hearing how it shoots
Thank you Nh, by now I've only shot it at target, but man, it's very accurate and it likes very much Swift A Frame!
(the friend who gave me used Woodleighs both soft and solids).
Here are a couple pics.

First one, at 50 mt with iron sights, very fast 1-2 shots, 1" between centers.
The "closer" leaf is regulated at 100 yrds,
so it's ok it goes a bit high.
2022-05-09 22.03.38.jpg


Second picture, at 100mt with the scope @4X, two shots in one hole a bit on the left, than (after some cliks) another shot, that is more or less dead on, as you see.
2022-05-09 22.15.54.jpg


Since this first time at the range, I've shot another time with it from "field" position, but I'm trying to save cartridges by now (very difficult supplying) and at the moment I'm also more focused on another "pet" rifle that will be with me in Yukon.
Anyway I'm very happy how it shots, and it's a rifle I'm already very confident in...
 
Thank you Nh, by now I've only shot it at target, but man, it's very accurate and it likes very much Swift A Frame!
(the friend who gave me used Woodleighs both soft and solids).
Here are a couple pics.

First one, at 50 mt with iron sights, very fast 1-2 shots, 1" between centers.
The "closer" leaf is regulated at 100 yrds,
so it's ok it goes a bit high.
View attachment 465609

Second picture, at 100mt with the scope @4X, two shots in one hole a bit on the left, than (after some cliks) another shot, that is more or less dead on, as you see.
View attachment 465610

Since this first time at the range, I've shot another time with it from "field" position, but I'm trying to save cartridges by now (very difficult supplying) and at the moment I'm also more focused on another "pet" rifle that will be with me in Yukon.
Anyway I'm very happy how it shots, and it's a rifle I'm already very confident in...

The first standing leaf sight should be for 100 yards, but the main iron shallow v should be on at 65 yards
 
The first standing leaf sight should be for 100 yards, but the main iron shallow v should be on at 65 yards
But since I love shooting with irons, I will try it @200 - only at targets, of corse. It's a good training. But thank you anyway, Spike
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,348
Messages
1,573,665
Members
169,812
Latest member
Tucksethoms
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top