My long dreamed Rigby

OK...strange as all mine and as far as I know most of them it was main at 65 yards....but :E Shrug:
Yes, indeed 65/100 makes more sense to mee too, but...that's it
To me is ok because I have the tendency to hold on a bit low on the target - something I did even with the pins on my hunting bow...

Congratulations Phil! Really lovely Rigby! Looking closely seems to be a rifle with the weight distribution "between the hands", as it should be! Not forward or rear heavy. A trademark of the best british rifles!
Is it made with a BRNO action? Looking at the picture seems a Mauser Magnum action....
By the way, I have that magazine! A special Rifle Magazine edition. Love the article I read many times!!!
Just curious, was a gift from your friend? If it was, well, a great gesture!

Best!

CF

Congratulations Phil! Really lovely Rigby! Looking closely seems to be a rifle with the weight distribution "between the hands", as it should be! Not forward or rear heavy. A trademark of the best british rifles!
Is it made with a BRNO action? Looking at the picture seems a Mauser Magnum action....
By the way, I have that magazine! A special Rifle Magazine edition. Love the article I read many times!!!

Best!

CF
Thank you Clodo, yes this friend of mine gave it to me as a present, he's a family friend, and indeed did a wonderful gesture! I'm glad you like the rifle this much, and yes, you're right : it's really a "between the hands" gun, very easy to point, to carry, to handle...despite the weight. It's a Brno Magnum action, I had a chat/email(s) with Rigby and they told me the full story behind it - something that add value to me since I love to know about my rifles and about this one even more than the others.
Me too, I read so many times that article! I'm tinking to put it in a frame since is so closely related with my rifle...
Appreciate your warm message, thank you again!

Best!

CF
...And I alo have to thank you again, because I told you "Brno" - following both the article, and the guys at Rigby that referred they used both actions at the time. But looking closely and comparing them, it's indeed a Mauser Magnum action. My fault - and congrats to your sharp eyes and experience. Very obliged.
Glad to keep in touch with you, and always glad to learn...

Thank you Phil for your information!
I will thank you, if it is possible, to have some closer pictures of the action! As a Mauser fan I am allways eager to know everething about them!
Sorry for my request!!

Best regards

CF

@Phil Giordano - thanks for a very interesting thread

I am myself the owner of a 450 Rigby, based on a Brno 602 converted by from its’ original 458 Win Mag caliber (I had it re-chambered and the bolt face opened up).

I would absolutely love if you wanted to send that full Craig Boddington article to me too??

@Phil Giordano - thanks for a very interesting thread

I am myself the owner of a 450 Rigby, based on a Brno 602 converted by from its’ original 458 Win Mag caliber (I had it re-chambered and the bolt face opened up).

I would absolutely love if you wanted to send that full Craig Boddington article to me too??
Sure I will in a very short time Osne!
It's a pleasure to share something I preserved for so long! I had 23 when I read it for the first time...
Give me just few time

Thank you Phil for your information!
I will thank you, if it is possible, to have some closer pictures of the action! As a Mauser fan I am allways eager to know everething about them!
Sorry for my request!!

Best regards

CF
No problem Clodo, it will be a pleasure to me. I will as soon as possible.
All the best

Hi Phil,

Here are the article you sent to osne and me. Thank you!

20220509-230423.jpg
20220509-230511.jpg
20220509-230530.jpg
20220509-230559.jpg
20220509-230623.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VioletteFg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!