Music

An interesting fact about Tool. Adam Jones, Danny Carrie, Paul D’Ardmore, and Justin Chancellor write the music first and then MJK writes the lyrics. Backwards from how almost all lyrical music is made for the most part.

On the topic of girl bands:

Another "local" that is probably dead, but great music in my opinion....

I too like many types of music, but probably listen to more movie soundtracks than anything else while in the shop loading or working on guns.
In the car I listen mostly to older R&R and the Beatles channel, Sirius XM in my car. No rap or metal here. Pop rock from the 60's thru the 90's I like some of, earlier the better.
I often hear something on the radio that I havent heard in years, then go find it on Utube and listen to it there and put in my favorites so I can muff up and listen to it while on the comp.
And one of the best of all time.

I'm all over the board.

British Invasion - Pink Floyd, Badfinger, Led Zeppelin, Who, Moody Blues, Queen, Rolling Stones, Bad Company, ELO, Foreigner,

Southern Rock - Credence Clearwater Revival., Lynyrd Skynyrd, Almond Brothers, Alabama,

American Rock - Styx, Boston, Kansas, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac (partial American), REO Speedwagon, Bruce Springsteen, Aerosmith,

Rock/Pop - Steve Miller, Elton John, Bob Seeger, Cat Stevens, Neil Diamond, Eric Clapton, Journey, BeeGee's (predisco), Tom Petty, Three Dog Night, Dr. Hook, Traveling Wilburys, Eric Clapton, Rod Stewart,

Country - Garth Brooks, Willie Nelson, Toby Keith, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard,

Amazing voices - Freddy Mercury, Meatloaf, Cher, Andre Bocelli, Tina Turner, Sarah Brightman, Roy Orbison, Barry White, Whitney Houston, Leonard Cohen, Celine Deon, Karen Carpenter,

African singers - Freddy Mercury, Roger Whittaker,

When off Broadway comes to town or when in NYC or London we take on musicals and enjoy most.

Best concert - Moody Blues backed up by our Philharmonic.

I am probably leaving off nearly as many as I have listed.
Pretty much all of that. I had no idea Roger Whittaker was Kenya born. My wife and I went to see him in Seattle in the early 80's in concert. Amazing voice.

31A22405-257C-4304-843E-A19BC9CE4FD5.jpeg

glad I got a refund on concert tickets already bit hope they get to finish the tour

I’m a real metal head. Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and many, many other. Love 80s and 70s rock. Have a huge amount of Canadian pride for Rush. A little country is ok. And any type of music with great singing and talented musicians.
Another vote for Susannah Hoffs! The Bangles album Everything is excellent.
I absolutely despise, loath and hate anything to do with Rap. You can’t spell CRAP without rap in it!

It sure is nice to see such diverse tastes on here. I love metal, punk, grunge, and rock. I have learned to appreciate some rap and I am trying to learn to appreciate jazz. There is also a special place in my heart for Barbra Streisand. The one genre of music I simply cannot stand is modern country.

I listen to a lot of “classic rock”.
I love Charlie Daniels and Jerry Reed, but that’s about the extent of my country listening.
Lynyrd Skynyrd is my favorite, CCR is probably second.
I don’t care for Rush or Phil Collins.
My favorite British band is The Who.
Who doesn’t love AC DC
Disco music is okay
And I like hip hop how I like Ford pickups…. 90s

Pretty much all of that. I had no idea Roger Whittaker was Kenya born. My wife and I went to see him in Seattle in the early 80's in concert. Amazing voice.
Roger Whittaker. My dad use to play his albums all the time. I called him the “whistling idiot”. He was actually brilliant at it, but after hearing it over and over, I had enough.

Saw Chicago last night in Dallas. They are better now than they were 30 years ago when I last saw them. Three original members still playing after 55 years and working their butts off. Two thumbs up from me if they are in your area.

1656215819958.jpeg

I like a wide variety but don't know how to describe exactly why- if that make sense. I like a lot of the classics- Bach, Beethoven and Tchaikovsky but not Mozart. I really detest rap!

Here are some I listen to. Sorry about the ads- the price of free I guess.

Last edited:
I have had several people I know pass away recently, at ages that produce comments along the lines of "too early" and "before their time". So this song has been resonating...

Music is probably my next biggest passion after hunting, having played drums since school and still playing in a cover band today. We generally play 90's rock - the stuff I loved in high school, as well as lots of our local Aussie rock covers, with a few classics and hair metal favourites thrown in.

Personally away from the band I listen to mainly Australian music - bands like Powderfinger, Grinspoon, Spiderbait, You Am I, The Living End, Paul Kelly, and of course AC/DC. Plenty of 90's grunge as well, big Foo Fighters fan too (RIP Taylor).

I do enjoy country when I'm in the mood, particularly a big Steve Earle fan. When I play guitar, that's what comes out haha.

Pretty much anything with a decent rhythm I can listen to - not death metal, rap, classical or techno/dance though. As for the commercial garbage that gets played on FM radio these days...that's a hard no....

Saw Chicago last night in Dallas. They are better now than they were 30 years ago when I last saw them. Three original members still playing after 55 years and working their butts off. Two thumbs up from me if they are in your area.

View attachment 473247

Wish I knew you were I town @Wheels …I would have sprung for a couple of beers..

Caught Kid Rock and Foreigner last night in Dallas…

The years are definitely catching up with Foreigner… but they still put on a good show…

Age has done nothing to Kid Rock… he’s still a huge showman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RamiroMcGu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg