Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, Houston Safari Club Foundation, NWTF
Hunted
Idaho, Texas, Louisiana
so what is your musical appetite like?

I'm the most across-the-spectrum guy I know.

You're just as likely to find me listening to Holst or Prokofiev as to Metallica or AC/DC as to Alan Jackson or Trace Adkins.

And it ain't because I'm old, but music today really does suck. There is nothing on scene remotely close to what the Eagles did with 5 part harmony. If there's somebody who even comes close to Freddy Mercury's range, I am not aware of them. Is there a 3 man band anywhere within light years of Boston?

We have John Williams, Hans Zimmer, and Danny Elfman filling in nicely for the late Romantics

with few exceptions, modern rock and country are just dead.

I’m think I’m right there with you-iron maiden, Metallica-all the late 80,s early 90’s butt rock. Long live ZZ Top. Chris ledoux, Garth Brooks and Tchaikovsky. Soundtrack to Fiddler on the Roof is a favorite. The Metallica concerts with the San Francisco orchestra have been some of my favorites but the best concert I ever attended was probably the Dropkick Murphys. I’m not mostly deaf just because of guns!

Good grief, so many good names listed already.

I grew up playing a trumpet from 5th grade through high school so classical and jazz had a pretty big influence on my preferences.

Holst, that's not a name you hear often. Played "Mars" for the state band competition.

Buddy Rich, "Big Swing Face" still gets me going.

S&M is purely awesome (not the chains and whips type).

The remake of "Sound of Silence" by Disturbed killed me.

Coltrane, Basie, Miles.

Dropkick Murphys, Spazztic Blur (local), Wehrmacht (also local) and D.R.I.

I lightly dabble in country, George Strait and Sturgill Simpson along with classic Blues.

Small interest in rap with Eminem and Beastie Boys coming to mind.

Yeah, the "Sounds of Silence" cover by Disturbed was some next level stuff.

I'm not much into jazz, though i do like early jazz/swing like Benny Goodman, Count Bassie, Glen Miller, etc. "Sing, Sing, Sing" is an exhilarating tune, especially when Gene Krupa is on the drums. It's like magic.

I’m think I’m right there with you-iron maiden, Metallica-all the late 80,s early 90’s butt rock. Long live ZZ Top. Chris ledoux, Garth Brooks and Tchaikovsky. Soundtrack to Fiddler on the Roof is a favorite. The Metallica concerts with the San Francisco orchestra have been some of my favorites but the best concert I ever attended was probably the Dropkick Murphys. I’m not mostly deaf just because of guns!
as for show tunes, kinda partial to Phantom of the Opera from when Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman were the leads. I've had a crush on Brightman forever. also like some of the stuff from Chicago, particularly All That Jazz.

Also, there's a lot of opera I like, particularly the Italian stuff because it's funnier and far less serious than the German stuff. I love dark music, no error (Mars the Bringer of War and In the Hall of the Mountain King are favorites), but the German operas...even I can't go there.

I've tried to listen to The Ring a bunch of times, and after 30 minutes, I'm like WTF am I listening to?

Ive always been a hard rock, and metalhead guy, but I like many genres of music. I despise rap music, and I dont care much for the current bubblegum twang country music. I like the old school country/ western.
Ive seen Ted Nugent in concert 3 times, and even got a phone call from him, after I gave him a gift delivered thru his road manager.

Weird, I had the same thoughts about the ring cycle...

Sorta like S&M, rap with a horn section, rap haters might want to avoid:

Again, a local act.

Weezer did this cover with Weird Al, Africa appropriate:

61 year old man executing an excellent high kick, I would have blown a gasket at 51...

Hmmm...too broad, but here’s a sampling:

Rock: Pink Floyd, Zepplin, Zz Top, Metallica, Pantera, Godsmack, Korn, Rob Zombie, and dozens more including whole sub genres

Country (Limited): Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Colter Wall, Tyler Childers, and similar artists

Electronic: Tiesto, Timmy Trumpet, Daft Punk, Crystal Method, and a few others

Classical(ish): Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, and some new ones like 2 Cellos and Lindsey Sterling

Rap: Varies from track to track.

Blues: All of it.

Really the only musical genres/types I can’t stand are Pop, Love Songs, or Ballads (and anything from Journey)

Edit: I forgot, I like almost anything with Spanish Guitar

Favorite all time band is Tool. Favorite song is Sober by Tool.
Metal, Rock, Red Dirt County, old country, classical, a little opera and musical (Think HMS Pinnafore, Camelot, etc...) very very little Rap/Pop.

so what is your musical appetite like?

I'm the most across-the-spectrum guy I know.

You're just as likely to find me listening to Holst or Prokofiev as to Metallica or AC/DC as to Alan Jackson or Trace Adkins.

And it ain't because I'm old, but music today really does suck. There is nothing on scene remotely close to what the Eagles did with 5 part harmony. If there's somebody who even comes close to Freddy Mercury's range, I am not aware of them. Is there a 3 man band anywhere within light years of Boston?

We have John Williams, Hans Zimmer, and Danny Elfman filling in nicely for the late Romantics

with few exceptions, modern rock and country are just dead.
depends what im feeling, if i want to relax i listen to jazz, if i want to get "hyped up" i listen to old school hip hop

I've got a thing for all girl bands, especially Susanna Hoffs of the Bangles.

Gizmo-August Burns Red might change your view of Christmas music, start with Little Drummer Boy.
IMG_2822 (2).JPG
IMG_2828.JPG

Ditto on the rocker chicks-Joan Jett!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123winmarketing

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross