Mixology report, whats your favorite mixed drink?

Years ago I found four old bottles of Crown Royal. They were 1969, 1966, 1965, 1962. I put them aside and saved them for "special occasions". We cracked open one of them when the bottle and I both turned 50 years old. We weren't sure if it would be uneventful, amazing, or turpentine.

Well it happily turned out to be amazing. Smooth and tasty.
So the mix? 50 yr old Crown and one ice cube.

Gave away one bottle as a gift and still have the '69 and the '62.

Everyone knows a Screwdriver is orange juice and vodka. But as one ages, consider a Piledriver: Prune juice and vodka. :E Happy:

1617983127448.png

Image1617983386.046937.jpg

Planning on mixing a few fingers of Tyrconnell Double Distilled single malt with a single ice cube this evening...

Delicious!

Funny thing.. that Orphan Barrel Barterhouse 20 year to the right is a $500+ bottle of bourbon ($80 if you can actually find it on the shelf.. but on the grey market it goes $500+ once the supply is gone from the liquor stores).. The Glenmorangie 18 on the left is typically a little north of $100 a bottle...

The Tyrconnell is about $45 a bottle in the US... I picked that particular bottle up in Dublin.. I think I paid $24 for it there..

And I'll take it any day, and twice on sundays over the barterhouse or the glenmorangie..

Last edited:
I’m a simple man, single malt with a dash of water to open it, bourbon on the rocks, or G&T.

The only mixed drink I've made lately is Lime Topo Chico and Dripping Springs vodka. Usually just drink whiskey with ice unless were out to dinner and I can have someone make an Old Fashioned.

Buddy was at the grocery store and saw two guys, each holding a gallon of milk and case of Budweiser. Said they were making "Bud Russians".

For me, if I drink liquor I usually prefer a G&T eith a citrus forward gin ( Tanqueray, Compelling by Dogfish Head or Conniption out of NC are my 3 favorites) with two wedges of lime. I also occasionally like Crown Royal with a stout wedge of lime squeezed in and a splash of club soda.

Funny you say that, I've been thinking I don't own a pump action but they occassionally turn up in ,35Whelen
If Usedguns wasn't broken I could have a look.
@CBH
Last pump I saw went for 1,500 dollars. I have a lovely 35AI I will do you for the same price with dies and brass. If'n you need more power you could run a Norma reamer or STW reamer thru it.
Bob

If that's the Improved Whelan how could it possibly need to be reamed out?

I suppose that's the pretty one you you are talking about.

It might defeat the motive of buying a pump.

Single malt scotch, neat. My version of a mixed drink.
@BeeMaa
Glad to see it's a good single malt not that blended crap.
There is only one mixer to go with a good single malt and that is MORE SINGLE MALT.
BOB

If that's the Improved Whelan how could it possibly need to be reamed out?

I suppose that's the pretty one you you are talking about.

It might defeat the motive of buying a pump.
@CBH
Yes the improved one but with the choice of making it more of a good thing.
Yes the pretty one and when you get used to it you can cycle it almost as fast if not as fast as the pump.
Bob

Bob only you could take a conversation dedicated to alcohol and turn it into a 35 Whalen discussion... I had thought we were partners in the thread derailing business but it turns out you sir are the master and I’m but an apprentice.

Bob only you could take a conversation dedicated to alcohol and turn it into a 35 Whalen discussion... I had thought we were partners in the thread derailing business but it turns out you sir are the master and I’m but an apprentice.
@Bob Nelson 35Whelen only gets worried when a mixed drink calls for 2 parts this, 4 parts that and 3 parts something else...THEN THERE IS A REAL PROBLEM.

Jack & Ginger are one of my favorite couples, just beside James(on) & Ginger with just a bit of lime.

But it is getting to be G&T time with the heat coming on.

If you're a fan of rum, which I really am not, this is crazy good over a big ice cube:

rum_dip1.jpg

Jack & Ginger are one of my favorite couples, just beside James(on) & Ginger with just a bit of lime.

But it is getting to be G&T time with the heat coming on.

If you're a fan of rum, which I really am not, this is crazy good over a big ice cube:

View attachment 397143
I'd argue that particular rum is good even without the ice cube! :A Way To Go:

@Bob Nelson 35Whelen only gets worried when a mixed drink calls for 2 parts this, 4 parts that and 3 parts something else...THEN THERE IS A REAL PROBLEM.
@BeeMaa
After a few Bundy and lemon tea any more than 2 ingredients becomes to much for the brain to remember that's why after 2 drinks using the lemon tea you just pour the Bundy into the bottle and drink. No more mixing pour, add ice done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaStilwe

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross