Mixology report, whats your favorite mixed drink?

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
@Opposite Pole
Mate out here we have one that makes the submarine look like a row boat.
THE DEPTH CHARGE
15oz glass 3/4 full of beer
Shot glass full of OP Bundy Rum
Drop shot glass in beer so it sinks to the bottom and drink all in one go.
This is how most end end up 1,2,3, floor Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Bob
Haven't heard that drink mentioned in decades....used to do same but with vodka....definitely livened you up... :E Rofl:

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
Haven't heard that drink mentioned in decades....used to do same but with vodka....definitely livened you up... :E Rofl:
@spike.t
To many flattened you real quick to. Problem is the brain feels fine but the legs won't work.
Bob

Opposite Pole

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SSAA; PZŁ, KŁ Sęp
Hunted
Australia, Poland
nah, too weak. Good for cleaning yer teeth in.

I sure don’t mind a drink or two or few too many, but there is something about the beer/vodka combo that just knocks me out senseless.

My countryman in both my countries are not grog shy, and when it comes to drinking, I can hold my own, but I stay well clear of that combo.

Trail Rated

Bronze supporter
AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Now that it’s getting hot here, I’ve been drinking this:

In a Collins glass with ice, add 1.5 oz gin (or vodka), 0.5 oz Marischino liqueur, 4 oz grapefruit juice, and top with tonic water.

mark-hunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland
Red wine + Coca Cola = Bambus. (Or black bambus) 50% volume, each.
I rarely mix various drinks, but sometimes i drink this, during the summer. Few rocks of ice, and even a piece of lemon may be added. The only mixture, I ever use. And even this, very rare

Similarly, some drink white bambus.
White whine + fanta.

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
@spike.t
To many flattened you real quick to. Problem is the brain feels fine but the legs won't work.
Bob

Nah...not an ozzie so legs worked fine and just kept on partying and drinking....we were very hard core back.then in 80s and 90s....out in the clubs nearly every night of the week....so our tolerance level.was pretty high....

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
@spike.t
Vodka needs to be served direct from the freezer in an ice cold glass poured over ice cubes.
Bob

Nope ...if you want to do it correctly no ice...just shot of frozen vodka in one...I know as had an Iranian friend back in the wild party days of as I said 80s and 90s...he lived in London and i used to fly over a lot for weekends to party...he could drink frozen vodka shots all night...I gave up after they started bouncing back from my stomach to my throat..and decided time to move on to more normal alcoholic beverages like champagne....but give him beer or another spirit he wasnt used to....total fkup ....how I learned to get my own back....

lwaters

Bronze supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Texas,Namibia,Kansas, Missouri, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, South Africa, New Zealand
10 year Old Charter. Just drink it out of the bottle. I usually stay away from hard liquor. Margaritas are good to many will give me acid reflux.

Cervus elaphus

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
New Zealand, Australia
10 year Old Charter. Just drink it out of the bottle. I usually stay away from hard liquor. Margaritas are good to many will give me acid reflux.
Omeprazole tabs will fix that. Drink up. I am at this very moment looking at a 1943 vintage red wine and wondering ...... but it belongs to someone else and I would be deader than a poly's promise if I touched it ... sigh. Back to the rum and Pepsi (I don't like the way Coke supports loss of speech freedom - another company gone to the dark side)

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
Omeprazole tabs will fix that. Drink up. I am at this very moment looking at a 1943 vintage red wine and wondering ...... but it belongs to someone else and I would be deader than a poly's promise if I touched it ... sigh. Back to the rum and Pepsi (I don't like the way Coke supports loss of speech freedom - another company gone to the dark side)
@Cervus elaphas
About the only use I've found for coke is cleaning bugs off a windscreen
Bob

Opposite Pole

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SSAA; PZŁ, KŁ Sęp
Hunted
Australia, Poland

badsection

AH member
Reaction score
Over a few ice cubes!

noahs-mill-bourbon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kurt Swanson

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Namibia
I'm a big fan of tiki and make a wide variety of different drinks. Some of them are quite complex, with multiple juices, syrups, and rums. For something simple, quick, and easy I favor the Dark and Stormy:

Juice of one large lime
Six dashes bitters
Four ounces Coruba Dark Jamaican rum
One bottle of Belfast Ginger Beer
Stir it all together in a shaker and serve over ice.

You can sub different rums as long as they're punchy/funky, but the Belfast is a must. It's got the perfect amount of ginger bite without being too hot or too sweet.

Ingredients.jpg
Drink.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharissaSi

Latest profile posts

flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.