Manton Double Rifle

DEFYET

AH member
Joined
May 7, 2015
Messages
45
Reaction score
113
Media
12
So today I gained a permit to break lockdown and took advantage of the situation to pick up my Manton 450/400 3 1/4" (NP for 60gr Cordite). Now to wait till I'm allowed out and shoot.

20201020_215830.jpg
20201020_160918.jpg
20201020_215849.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats. A nitro-proofed hammer gun by that maker is a rare find. The Jones underlever is not the quickest reload, but it is the strongest locking action ever made. Assuming the bores are in good shape, you found a very special thing. If the previous owner can't help, be patient working up a load. I bet you will find one it shoots.

Where are you located that has those sorts of restrictions?
 
Congrats. A nitro-proofed hammer gun by that maker is a rare find. The Jones underlever is not the quickest reload, but it is the strongest locking action ever made. Assuming the bores are in good shape, you found a very special thing. If the previous owner can't help, be patient working up a load. I bet you will find one it shoots.

Where are you located that has those sorts of restrictions?
Thank you Red Leg.

The bores are in excellent condition and the barrel is shiny with strong rifling.

I'm in Victoria, Australia. We're currently experiencing some of the toughest Covid lockdown rules globally.
 
Yes you are. Not sure what Australia and New Zealand plan to do once international travel again picks up. :(

Hope you get to shoot it soon.
 
Congratulations on your find. I’m sure your salivating at the idea of shooting it.
 
Congratulations....looking forward to seeing the results of your first range day!
 
That is a fine old double and a good find for hammer nitro proofed rifle. Enjoy shooting and hunting with it.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,259
Messages
1,570,079
Members
168,837
Latest member
Marykellyi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top