Manton Double Rifle

DEFYET

AH member
Reaction score
Media
So today I gained a permit to break lockdown and took advantage of the situation to pick up my Manton 450/400 3 1/4" (NP for 60gr Cordite). Now to wait till I'm allowed out and shoot.

20201020_215830.jpg
20201020_160918.jpg
20201020_215849.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats. A nitro-proofed hammer gun by that maker is a rare find. The Jones underlever is not the quickest reload, but it is the strongest locking action ever made. Assuming the bores are in good shape, you found a very special thing. If the previous owner can't help, be patient working up a load. I bet you will find one it shoots.

Where are you located that has those sorts of restrictions?

Congrats. A nitro-proofed hammer gun by that maker is a rare find. The Jones underlever is not the quickest reload, but it is the strongest locking action ever made. Assuming the bores are in good shape, you found a very special thing. If the previous owner can't help, be patient working up a load. I bet you will find one it shoots.

Where are you located that has those sorts of restrictions?
Thank you Red Leg.

The bores are in excellent condition and the barrel is shiny with strong rifling.

I'm in Victoria, Australia. We're currently experiencing some of the toughest Covid lockdown rules globally.

Yes you are. Not sure what Australia and New Zealand plan to do once international travel again picks up. :(

Hope you get to shoot it soon.

Congratulations on your find. I’m sure your salivating at the idea of shooting it.

Congratulations....looking forward to seeing the results of your first range day!

That is a fine old double and a good find for hammer nitro proofed rifle. Enjoy shooting and hunting with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross