Like we dont have enough to worry about... good grief! MURDER HORNETS!

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
https://q13fox.com/2020/05/04/effor...asive-asian-giant-hornet-in-washington-state/
I would note that the article says how they don't usually bother humans or pets, but they kill some 50 people every year in Japan. I saw a news story about these monsters a year or so ago, and they are nasty, vicious, gigantic freaking hornets that can kill some people with one sting!
And they are now in my own backyard so to speak, been seen in just one county north of me near the BC border.

Well look at the bright side: if you were to get stung by one of these guys, it would take your mind off COVID 19. At least for awhile...

I keep honey bees as a hobby. Working with them while wearing a t-shirt and no veil makes a guy really focus on being calm. It is good training for hunting for when your heart is racing but you have to keep your hands steady. A honey bee sting is mild. A mud wasp is a step above, I got nailed by 4 of them last summer, last sting was more than 80 yards from the hive while I was in a full sprint. I guess I shouldn’t have accidentally stepped on their nest.

I’m curious to get a sting from one of these wasps to compare. I bet it is like having 2 cups of coffee and a redbull, then putting a cigarette out on your arm right before you fall off the boat while duck hunting in a pond covered in thin ice.

You know what they say about curiosity right?:confused: I suspect its going to be a lot worse than you think. Getting stung from a near 2 inch giant hornet/wasp with a stinger at least a quarter inch long:eek: with enough venom to choke a donkey:rolleyes: aint my idea of a good time. No thanks!;)
The yellow jackets we get around here almost put me in the hospital once from the reaction I had. I don't do well with those and by all accounts this bastard is much much worse.

I keep honey bees as a hobby. Working with them while wearing a t-shirt and no veil makes a guy really focus on being calm. It is good training for hunting for when your heart is racing but you have to keep your hands steady. A honey bee sting is mild. A mud wasp is a step above, I got nailed by 4 of them last summer, last sting was more than 80 yards from the hive while I was in a full sprint. I guess I shouldn’t have accidentally stepped on their nest.

I’m curious to get a sting from one of these wasps to compare. I bet it is like having 2 cups of coffee and a redbull, then putting a cigarette out on your arm right before you fall off the boat while duck hunting in a pond covered in thin ice.

Honey bees have taken residence in a dead tree hollow in my backyard. I was building a bookcase last week on the deck and hundreds if not a thousand bees were swarming the backyard. They were all around me and several landed on me. I calmly continued gluing and they all disappeared within about ten minutes. They weren’t aggressive and didn’t appear to be feeding, just swarming all around.

You keep bees and probably know a bit about them. What the heck were they doing?

raid wasp and hornet killer 33.png

Problem Solved!

1 5/8 ounces of #9 lead.
Good luck.

96137001_2907403026013399_3981822750867062784_n.jpg

Coyote Peterson rates the sting equivalent to the bullet ant, which still keeps it below the Texas red headed centipede (and its Sonoran variants).

We've dealt with Africanized bees in the Southwest for decades; I've never had a personal encounter (thankfully). Wikipedia says these hornets easily decimate nests of European honeybees in Japan, so these hornets are now one more negative population pressure impact on the North American honeybees.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_giant_hornet

Coyote Peterson rates the sting equivalent to the bullet ant, which still keeps it below the Texas red headed centipede (and its Sonoran variants).

We've dealt with Africanized bees in the Southwest for decades; I've never had a personal encounter (thankfully). Wikipedia says these hornets easily decimate nests of European honeybees in Japan, so these hornets are now one more negative population pressure impact on the North American honeybees.

Yeah they annihilate honeybees in short order which is the big issue.....no bees ...no pollination... no food crops....honey bees in usa and Europe already are under pressure with numbers dropping seriously in last few years.....

BBC News - 'Murder hornets' land in the US for the first time
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52533585

The indigenous Japanese honeybees have a defense overloading these hornets with heat & CO2. Guess Japanese honeybees will become an export item to replace the carnage of others in North America in the future.

I wonder if these can overwhelm African and Africanized bees? Theoretically, arena style. They don't need to become an invasive species to Africa as well!

The worst invasive insect in our area continues to be the South American fire ants. They colonized South Texas when I was 13 or 14, first I remember seeing them. They've adapted to having up to 3 cooperative queens share a nest here, maybe in response to insecticides targeted at rendering queens sterile in years past.

Louisiana is worse - much worse. They love the Bayou country.

ooooh noooooo. That’s way to simple. Everyone needs to immediately panic, hoard lightbulbs, and self quarantine for a further 6 months. Additionally, you must wear a full suit of armor but it has to have a Covid mask on the face flap for use while driving down the road solo in your vehicle.

ooooh noooooo. That’s way to simple. Everyone needs to immediately panic, hoard lightbulbs, and self quarantine for a further 6 months. Additionally, you must wear a full suit of armor but it has to have a Covid mask on the face flap for use while driving down the road solo in your vehicle.

Run fast and get some stock in Johnson and Johnson. LOL.
There has to be a run on it soon.
The Special Can's are going to sell like hotcakes.

raid wasp and hornet killer 33.jpg

Is this justification for buying a .375? You know, just to protect my family?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg