Least Known African Country That Allows Hunting?

I don't know. I thought BF and Benin were getting off the path, both toast at least for now. I really shouldn't complain. My first two trips were to Tanzania and the Okavango in Botswana, two of the most desired places to hunt. Both were fantastic. Jaded.....spoiled, and an old whiner, that's me...:rolleyes:

HBD Sesto!...................Here's hoping you still have a few hunts in wild places in the near future. But it seems that civil unrest is reducing our potential destinations in Africa. And the "least known" place may actually have the least to offer. .......FWB

Well if you consider bird hunting, you can hunt Morocco, Senegal and Kenya. I am sure there are others as well. So still something to hunt.

Well if you consider bird hunting, you can hunt Morocco, Senegal and Kenya. I am sure there are others as well. So still something to hunt.

Morocco has wild boar hunting for the Barbary Wild Boar. Any info on who offers hunts in Senegal and Kenya?

Mauritania used to be a good destination for hunting warthogs, unfortunately there have been some security issues lately.

Least known or maybe least considered or possibly overlooked?? Hmm good question and does bring up some interesting daydreaming as we can't go anywhere right now. Already been suggested, but Uganda in the shadow of Mt Elgon in Karamoja region keeps haunting because of the Bell connection.

When did that happen? Jean-Luc Damy, the owner, had just upgraded the camp a couple of years ago.

Are they still hunting Congo?

It is my understanding that a government minister thought he could make more money by giving the concession to his son. I don't believe the son has any contacts with international hunters. He just thinks they will show up.

Mauritius is a fairly obscure location where you can hunt rusa deer and boar. Possibly other things.

Bird hunting in Kenya has been mentioned. I believe you could hunt birds up until 3-5 years ago and it was stopped at that time. If I am wrong on this feel free to correct me.

@Wheels you are correct! It was suspended 5 years ago but some sites still list it. Shame!

I apologize for the incorrect statement.

Cameroon looks interesting, Mayo Oldiri runs several camps there, both savanna and forest.

Cameroon looks interesting

In addition to the current COVID-19 Exceptional Travel Advisory Notice, in Cameroon, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all travel to:

• Far North region
  • within 40km of the border with Nigeria, except Garoua in North region (see below)
  • within 40km of the border with Chad
  • within 40km of the border with the Central African Republic (CAR)
  • North West region
  • South West region (including the towns of Buea, Muyuka and Tiko in Fako division), except Limbe in Fako division (see below)
  • the Bakassi Peninsula
The FCO advise against all but essential travel to:

• Limbe in Fako division, South West region
  • the rest of North and Adamawa regions, including Garoua in North region

In addition to the current COVID-19 Exceptional Travel Advisory Notice, in Cameroon, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all travel to:

• Far North region
  • within 40km of the border with Nigeria, except Garoua in North region (see below)
  • within 40km of the border with Chad
  • within 40km of the border with the Central African Republic (CAR)
  • North West region
  • South West region (including the towns of Buea, Muyuka and Tiko in Fako division), except Limbe in Fako division (see below)
  • the Bakassi Peninsula
The FCO advise against all but essential travel to:

• Limbe in Fako division, South West region
  • the rest of North and Adamawa regions, including Garoua in North region

Of course, not advising anyone of going there right now, just to keep in mind for better times !

Morocco has wild boar hunting for the Barbary Wild Boar. Any info on who offers hunts in Senegal and Kenya?
Don't know about Senegal and Kenya but Morocco also allows Barbary Sheep hunting.

Speaking of least known African hunting countries, heading off to Liberia in 4 weeks . . .

Will report back . . . assuming I make it back!

What is the target? Western bongo, dwarf buffalo, duikers, or hog?
I wish you good hunting, and looking fwd to this report!

What is the target? Western bongo, dwarf buffalo, duikers, or hog?
I wish you good hunting, and looking fwd to this report!

Thanks!

Target is essentially duikers. I think most other larger game has been effectively poached out . . . although if we come across a bongo or hogs, I have permits to give chase!

Speaking of least known African hunting countries, heading off to Liberia in 4 weeks . . .

Will report back . . . assuming I make it back!

Looking forward to a report.

All the best.

Good luck Hank that is a dream safari!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg