Least Known African Country That Allows Hunting?

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
I don't know. I thought BF and Benin were getting off the path, both toast at least for now. I really shouldn't complain. My first two trips were to Tanzania and the Okavango in Botswana, two of the most desired places to hunt. Both were fantastic. Jaded.....spoiled, and an old whiner, that's me...:rolleyes:

flatwater bill

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA endowment member/Life member
Hunted
NAMIBIA, RSA, KYRYG, KAZAKSTAN, MOZAMBIQUE,MEXICO, BOLIVIA, PERU, BRAZIL, ARGENTINA, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRALIA, SPAIN,
HBD Sesto!...................Here's hoping you still have a few hunts in wild places in the near future. But it seems that civil unrest is reducing our potential destinations in Africa. And the "least known" place may actually have the least to offer. .......FWB

LivingTheDream

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Well if you consider bird hunting, you can hunt Morocco, Senegal and Kenya. I am sure there are others as well. So still something to hunt.

North American 36

AH senior member
Reaction score
Well if you consider bird hunting, you can hunt Morocco, Senegal and Kenya. I am sure there are others as well. So still something to hunt.

Morocco has wild boar hunting for the Barbary Wild Boar. Any info on who offers hunts in Senegal and Kenya?

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Mauritania used to be a good destination for hunting warthogs, unfortunately there have been some security issues lately.

fourfive8

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana
Least known or maybe least considered or possibly overlooked?? Hmm good question and does bring up some interesting daydreaming as we can't go anywhere right now. Already been suggested, but Uganda in the shadow of Mt Elgon in Karamoja region keeps haunting because of the Bell connection.

Wheels

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
When did that happen? Jean-Luc Damy, the owner, had just upgraded the camp a couple of years ago.

Are they still hunting Congo?

It is my understanding that a government minister thought he could make more money by giving the concession to his son. I don't believe the son has any contacts with international hunters. He just thinks they will show up.

Wheels

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Mauritius is a fairly obscure location where you can hunt rusa deer and boar. Possibly other things.

Bird hunting in Kenya has been mentioned. I believe you could hunt birds up until 3-5 years ago and it was stopped at that time. If I am wrong on this feel free to correct me.

LivingTheDream

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
@Wheels you are correct! It was suspended 5 years ago but some sites still list it. Shame!

I apologize for the incorrect statement.

Wheels

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Cameroon looks interesting, Mayo Oldiri runs several camps there, both savanna and forest.

mark-hunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland
Cameroon looks interesting

In addition to the current COVID-19 Exceptional Travel Advisory Notice, in Cameroon, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all travel to:

• Far North region
  • within 40km of the border with Nigeria, except Garoua in North region (see below)
  • within 40km of the border with Chad
  • within 40km of the border with the Central African Republic (CAR)
  • North West region
  • South West region (including the towns of Buea, Muyuka and Tiko in Fako division), except Limbe in Fako division (see below)
  • the Bakassi Peninsula
The FCO advise against all but essential travel to:

• Limbe in Fako division, South West region
  • the rest of North and Adamawa regions, including Garoua in North region

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted

In addition to the current COVID-19 Exceptional Travel Advisory Notice, in Cameroon, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all travel to:

• Far North region
  • within 40km of the border with Nigeria, except Garoua in North region (see below)
  • within 40km of the border with Chad
  • within 40km of the border with the Central African Republic (CAR)
  • North West region
  • South West region (including the towns of Buea, Muyuka and Tiko in Fako division), except Limbe in Fako division (see below)
  • the Bakassi Peninsula
The FCO advise against all but essential travel to:

• Limbe in Fako division, South West region
  • the rest of North and Adamawa regions, including Garoua in North region

Of course, not advising anyone of going there right now, just to keep in mind for better times !

Latest profile posts

Just came from a hunt and already longing for the bush
JPmbogo wrote on yhc's profile.
I have factory loaded Hornady 450 NE 3 1/4 DGS that I am selling for not much more than the brass itself at $75/box - see my listing for same.
Justbryan wrote on Rafter JK's profile.
Get Crazy Larry yet? Wishing I had shot Alpine Ibex too!
laurence burkin wrote on UKHunter's profile.
Hi the dude in the picture. It would be cool to know the area (genetics) of the stag you have in your profile picture. I am from New Zealand and shot a stag here that is almost identical, especially the throw backs. I can send you a photo to prove I'm genuine with my enquiry.