Least Known African Country That Allows Hunting?

Hank, thanks for comments.
And you are absolutely right with this thought. This is my thought as well, a sentence that I very frequently say to other hunters who consider hunting Africa, but never hunted there yet.

We are maybe the first generation of hunters where middle class can afford safari in Africa, and possibly we may be the last generation to have that privilege.

I was reading many reports, articles or books - about hunts in tropical rain forest, bongo, but the price is over my budget, on every offer I could find. Moreover, political situation, has worsened lately in some countries limiting options for hunting bongo.

The question, therefore which comes to mind is this.
From your experience, and all countries you have visited - which of the less visited hunting countries, could be more economic, and worth looking into? And which species could be hunted on lower budget level?
The motivation would be experience of hunt in African wilderness, not some specific species for trophy, just to hunt locally what is local species.
Actually Bongo hunting is getting better. You can hunt Cameroon, Congo, and CAR now. It is on my short list so maybe in 2-3 years. I was just speaking to my outfitter from the LDE hunt about it at the SCI Convention. This is what I like, and what gets me in trouble, is visiting with so many different outfitters in person at the SCI Convention. I can’t wait for Nashville next year. We can explore these unusual hunting destinations together!

Good luck Hank that is a dream safari!
Thank you. Dream? I've been in the jungle - and the only thing worse than hunting in the jungle might be hunting in the jungle at night!

But I am looking forward to it . . . after this I will owe myself a more conventional hunt . . . !

Savana hunting
Rain forest hunting (jungle)
Mountain hunting
Swamp hunting
Desert hunting

This would be a true dream CV for life long african hunter.

Wow Hank, that sounds wonderful. Is Liberia reasonable cost?
Will fill you in when I get back and I have all the costs worked out. I want to include everything, as well as making some determination of value for the money spent.

I just found out I need a PCR test to transit Belgium (only real way to get there), as well as a PCR test (same one) to enter Liberia, and have to have a rapid test upon arrival (at double the cost of a rapid test at home). And then need a PCR test to leave Liberia, which requires you to spend a couple of days in Monrovia at the end of the hunt waiting fo the results. More (needless) expense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.