KMG Hunting Safaris' Head PH has gone and done it again....

Fantastic ram Martin! Congrats. Full body mount at the lodge?

Sure many can remember Martin's great feat in walking and stalking a Vaal Rhebuck with the bow: https://www.africahunting.com/threads/kmg-hunting-safaris-head-ph-in-the-news.41633/

Well, as the season is starting to slow down, he has had some time off this week. This time, he had his sights on a Steenbuck that jumped the string on him earlier the year at 60 odd yards.
He set out after the same animal, and managed to track him down within his home range. After putting in a stalk on the animal, his shot was at 30 yards, and the ram managed to jump the string again. Not knowing what the sound was, the inquisitive animal returned to investigate. After not finding anything out of the ordinary, the ram turned around and walked away, offering a heavily quartering away shot at 38 yards. Martin explained to me that he aimed a foot in front of the animal and slightly high on his second shot. The Steenbuck ram jumped the string again, but this time, straight into the path of the arrow.
The SCI green score on this ram, is at 15 14/16" and still requires 60 days drying time. The current No 1 sits at 15 6/16" , making this the pending NEW WORLD RECORD by bow.

Marts, if you are reading this, you are a machine. Well done chap.

View attachment 251741

Man's a machine!

I have to come hunting with you guys next time I go to Africa! A few more Tiny Ten, Nyala and East Cape Kudu for sure.

What do you think about a 6.5 Creedmoor for Tiny Ten and Vaal Rhebuck, and use one of your. 300 Win Mags for the bigger animals.

Well done Mart, good to see my little tips helped out with your hunting....

Seriously, well done fella, that's a huge effort.

Cheers,
Mark.

Wow that is a Fing massive Steenbok! 6.5 to 7 inches long?

Not 100% sure, but he was definitely over 6". If I recall correctly, he was in the 6.5" range.

I have to come hunting with you guys next time I go to Africa! A few more Tiny Ten, Nyala and East Cape Kudu for sure.

You are very welcome. Tiny 10 is our game. We are moving a few of our safaris to a new area next year. Some exceptional Cape Kudu there, as well as thick numbers of Cape Bushbuck.

What do you think about a 6.5 Creedmoor for Tiny Ten and Vaal Rhebuck, and use one of your. 300 Win Mags for the bigger animals.

The Creedmoor will be perfect for Vaalie. They often require longer shots, and this is where the 6.5 comes to its own. The 300's are always on standby.

Well done Mart, good to see my little tips helped out with your hunting....

Seriously, well done fella, that's a huge effort.

Cheers,
Mark.

Will pass on the message to him.:D

Congrats ,,,, keep us informed after the drying period .
Glen

(y) Oh yes! Exceptional!

I had the pleasure of hunting with Martin in 2016. His skill as both a hunter and a guide has to be seen to believed. He is the consummate professional hunter. Porsche73

Not 100% sure, but he was definitely over 6". If I recall correctly, he was in the 6.5" range.

You are very welcome. Tiny 10 is our game. We are moving a few of our safaris to a new area next year. Some exceptional Cape Kudu there, as well as thick numbers of Cape Bushbuck.

The Creedmoor will be perfect for Vaalie. They often require longer shots, and this is where the 6.5 comes to its own. The 300's are always on standby.
Sounds good Marius. I am thinking of applying for a railroad job in Africa for next year. Try it out for awhile, and would then be alot closer to you for my next Safari!

Sounds good Marius!

Congrats Martin, that's a corker for sure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kurpfalzjäger

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber