John Rigby (30-06) New/Mint/Unused, Plus Swarovski Scope ($16k + Shipping) (Michigan)

Raskolnikov743

AH member
Reaction score
Fellow Hunters/Travelers:

I have a 30.06 for sale, by John Rigby, with a Swarovski scope. Asking $14k + shipping for gun; and $16k + shippping for gun and scope. Located in Michigan.

(Paperwork in hand for both items, plus original Rigby folder with factory shot placement paper/target).
IMG_0803.jpeg

Both mint and unused. Acquired the rifle with a view towards plains game hunting in Africa, but fell in love with a .416 in the interim.

Therefore currently a safe queen until deer season comes around, at which point I may feel differently about this post (and potential interim sale!). Nonetheless here we are.

PM and then call/text me anytime for additional details. References available as well.

JW

IMG_0071.jpeg
IMG_0065.jpeg
IMG_0066.jpeg
IMG_0066.jpeg
IMG_0070.jpeg
IMG_9990.jpeg
IMG_0800.jpeg
IMG_0802.jpeg
IMG_0803.jpeg
IMG_0804.jpeg
IMG_0801.jpeg
IMG_0806.jpeg
IMG_0807.jpeg
IMG_0808.jpeg
IMG_0809.jpeg
IMG_0810.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful rifle that is ready to go hunting. I have a Highland Stalker in 30-06 and like you, I also fell in love with my 416 but I love the HS in 30-06 as well. Good luck with the sale.

By the way, what 416 did you fall in love with?

Safe shooting

I would love to find a John Rigby 30-06 or 375 or 416 in a Left handed and a reasonable price. About a month ago I was in London and got a wonderful tour at their production location. What a bunch of great people that work there. I did enjoy the facility and all the time they gave me to ask questions and look around.

Fellow Hunters/Travelers:

I have a 30.06 for sale, by John Rigby, with a Swarovski scope. Asking $14k + shipping for gun; and $16k + shippping for gun and scope. Located in Michigan.

(Paperwork in hand for both items, plus original Rigby folder with factory shot placement paper/target).View attachment 601617

Both mint and unused. Acquired the rifle with a view towards plains game hunting in Africa, but fell in love with a .416 in the interim.

Therefore currently a safe queen until deer season comes around, at which point I may feel differently about this post (and potential interim sale!). Nonetheless here we are.

PM and then call/text me anytime for additional details. References available as well.

JWView attachment 601624View attachment 601619View attachment 601613View attachment 601610View attachment 601609
Don’t worry- the deer won’t be excessively dead if you shoot it with the 416.

Beautiful rifle that is ready to go hunting. I have a Highland Stalker in 30-06 and like you, I also fell in love with my 416 but I love the HS in 30-06 as well. Good luck with the sale.

Safe shooting
I think you’re telling me to look out for myself come deer season and be grateful for decision to not do anything rash :)

I would love to find a John Rigby 30-06 or 375 or 416 in a Left handed and a reasonable price. About a month ago I was in London and got a wonderful tour at their production location. What a bunch of great people that work there. I did enjoy the facility and all the time they gave me to ask questions and look around.
I’ll keep ear to ground for left handeds out there. Would love to visit London - period! Sounds like a dream tour taken.

Don’t worry- the deer won’t be excessively dead if you shoot it with the 416.
It’s funny you said that. I actually hunted deer for a day or two last year with my .375 H&H (Remington 700 model), and while it had an extra kick (sure), the massive hole folks claimed would occur wasn’t really that at all. Deer expired a tad quicker, I would say…

I spoke to Rigby about a LH 375 or 416 but it sounded from them it would be a couple years and no telling what the price could be. I am not the sort of person to wait 2 or 3 years for a rifle. If I could come across a Rigby in the condition of yours I would snap it up if it was LH.

Safe shooting
.416 also by Rigby. I think I’ve read too many Robert Ruark novels. But wife still with me. So I continue on

It’s funny you said that. I actually hunted deer for a day or two last year with my .375 H&H (Remington 700 model), and while it had an extra kick (sure), the massive hole folks claimed would occur wasn’t really that at all. Deer expired a tad quicker, I would say…
That’s why my 30-06 doesn’t get much use any more.

I think you’re telling me to look out for myself come deer season and be grateful for decision to not do anything rash :)
Exactly! Me and Mama shared my 30-06 Highland Stalker on plains game on a couple of trips. I have the HS in 30-06 and the Big Game in 416. I think that is the perfect Africa Safari combo. For hunting North America, the HS jumps into my hand first whenever I reach in the gun safe.

As a "Rigby Influencer", I think you should definitely keep your Highland Stalker. :D Take it hunting this season so you can bond with it properly.

Safe hunting

Exactly! Me and Mama shared my 30-06 Highland Stalker on plains game on a couple of trips. I have the HS in 30-06 and the Big Game in 416. I think that is the perfect Africa Safari combo. For hunting North America, the HS jumps into my hand first whenever I reach in the gun safe.

As a "Rigby Influencer", I think you should definitely keep your Highland Stalker. :D Take it hunting this season so you can bond with it properly.

Safe hunting
I appreciate your saying that, thank you!

So the .416 & .375 H&H aren’t that far off each other in terms of “kick” you would say?
For my highly sensitive and personally calibrated “shoulder meter”, my 416 Rigby Big Game has less felt recoil than my CZ 550 in 375 H&H.

Safe shooting

Bumping this for a beautiful rifle, a drop of Ruark, and a hint of Dostoyevsky

This post is envy evoking to say the least. Desperately wanting a Rigby 416 Big Game. Such a classy rifle. If I enjoy hunting buffalo as much as I expect, I see one in my future. Was just explaining to my better half how it would make so much sense too as I could thin out some ultralight sheep rifles which would free up much needed space in safes. Seemed like a no-brainer actually, love her so for agreeing.
Good luck selling such a gorgeous gentleman’s rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KerstinPaq

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.