Is the CZ 550 Gone or Not?

Sad to see. I've been scooping up reasonably priced 550's for about a year since these rumblings started. Wayne sure makes a hell of a rifle out of the 550's for not much money. I'm hoping he can keep going with this drying up.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 4.46.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 4.46.09 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 125
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 4.46.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 4.46.12 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 125
Wonder why CZ never offered the .338 mag.o_O Would have been a nice rifle.(y)

I just got home from SCI and the rep told me it is going away. He did say that he heard they are thinking of a replacement but didn’t know what.

Wonder why CZ never offered the .338 mag.o_O Would have been a nice rifle.(y)
Yes it would have! Maybe when CZs management comes to their senses, they’ll offer a .338? But, just as Winchester started building their rifles in Portugal, CZ will probably move their manufacturing to.....Tibet? Ha! Ha! Ha!

I just got home from SCI and the rep told me it is going away. He did say that he heard they are thinking of a replacement but didn’t know what.
Maybe a Blaser style action at CZs pricing? One can only guess? Anyway, they’ll move their manufacturing to somewhere with cheaper machinery/labor costs. It worked well for Weatherby?

They already have their replacement, the 557 push feed.

Had chat over a beer with one of the cz guys just before the show closed...as already known he confirmed that it's the end and what is available is it....he said he is going to grab himself a 416 rigby.... I got it wrong saying only some 375 there. There were couple of lotts and a rigby also..... He said the rifle sales last year didn't cover the cost of the booth.... And that hand gun sales were good but the scorpion and bren tactical stuff were what have taken off big time..... So basically very little demand for the rifles....

Had chat over a beer with one of the cz guys just before the show closed...as already known he confirmed that it's the end and what is available is it....he said he is going to grab himself a 416 rigby.... I got it wrong saying only some 375 there. There were couple of lotts and a rigby also..... He said the rifle sales last year didn't cover the cost of the booth.... And that hand gun sales were good but the scorpion and bren tactical stuff were what have taken off big time..... So basically very little demand for the rifles....
Translation...highly unlikely to retool for another run of CRF CZ550's.
That sucks.:(

A business wont continue to produce things that don't sell.
Many folks don't know or care about CRF rifleso_O. I actually asked a GB seller the other day if his Browning was CRF or push feed as his pictures didn't show the bolt at all. He had to take it to a gunsmith and ask him even though I explained to him what it meant and what to look for!:(
Then he got mad when I asked for a picture!:confused::eek:

I never new the difference between control round feed and push feed into I joined AH.

A business wont continue to produce things that don't sell.
Many folks don't know or care about CRF rifleso_O. I actually asked a GB seller the other day if his Browning was CRF or push feed as his pictures didn't show the bolt at all. He had to take it to a gunsmith and ask him even though I explained to him what it meant and what to look for!:(
Then he got mad when I asked for a picture!:confused::eek:
Yeah, whether it’s a seller on GB or at a gun show, many have no clue. None of the people I hunt with know what a CRF OR Mauser action is. Two guys have Rugers (‘06 and .338) which they thought we’re CRFs? But it doesn’t really matter. Just like 99 percent of the hunters in North America (maybe the world) they hunt non DG and probably always will with their modern, lightweight, push feed rifles. So the availability of the CZ 550s for DG or otherwise for everyone who wants one, will last for decades, unless Toby starts buying them up?

We are a specialized market and the "youngsters" don't hunt like we do and don't know or care about our tools of the trade. However, there are plenty of the tools of our trade out there and always will be---as long as we live. Fine implements last nearly forever and there will be someone who can keep them running.

:whistle:
Yes it would have! Maybe when CZs management comes to their senses, they’ll offer a .338? But, just as Winchester started building their rifles in Portugal, CZ will probably move their manufacturing to.....Tibet? Ha! Ha! Ha!

Khyber Pass....

;)

HWL

Maybe a Blaser style action at CZs pricing? One can only guess? Anyway, they’ll move their manufacturing to somewhere with cheaper machinery/labor costs. It worked well for Weatherby?

Have a close look at the Heym SR 30..... one of the fines straight pull...

Wood and steel only, no alu/plastics...great rifle.

HWL

Well damn now I’m going to have to by an AHR in 450 Rigby and English Walnut sooner than I thought.

450 Rigby's are getting hard to find. I heard rigby getting a new owner. Online sites most of them say that norma 450 brass is discontinued.
PTG got some rechambering reamers. CZ safari classic has large enough magazine to hold 3 450's. Converting 458 lott to 450 rigby is the best option I have found for now. Still need bolt face opened up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sports0266

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg