Brandon.Gleason

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DSC, NRA
Sad to see. I've been scooping up reasonably priced 550's for about a year since these rumblings started. Wayne sure makes a hell of a rifle out of the 550's for not much money. I'm hoping he can keep going with this drying up.

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 4.46.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 4.46.09 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 59
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 4.46.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 4.46.12 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 58

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Wonder why CZ never offered the .338 mag.o_O Would have been a nice rifle.(y)

meigsbucks

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA Life Member
Hunted
Zimbabwe and Namibia
I just got home from SCI and the rep told me it is going away. He did say that he heard they are thinking of a replacement but didn’t know what.

CoElkHunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Wonder why CZ never offered the .338 mag.o_O Would have been a nice rifle.(y)
Yes it would have! Maybe when CZs management comes to their senses, they’ll offer a .338? But, just as Winchester started building their rifles in Portugal, CZ will probably move their manufacturing to.....Tibet? Ha! Ha! Ha!

CoElkHunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
I just got home from SCI and the rep told me it is going away. He did say that he heard they are thinking of a replacement but didn’t know what.
Maybe a Blaser style action at CZs pricing? One can only guess? Anyway, they’ll move their manufacturing to somewhere with cheaper machinery/labor costs. It worked well for Weatherby?

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
They already have their replacement, the 557 push feed.

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
Had chat over a beer with one of the cz guys just before the show closed...as already known he confirmed that it's the end and what is available is it....he said he is going to grab himself a 416 rigby.... I got it wrong saying only some 375 there. There were couple of lotts and a rigby also..... He said the rifle sales last year didn't cover the cost of the booth.... And that hand gun sales were good but the scorpion and bren tactical stuff were what have taken off big time..... So basically very little demand for the rifles....

BeeMaa

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA
Had chat over a beer with one of the cz guys just before the show closed...as already known he confirmed that it's the end and what is available is it....he said he is going to grab himself a 416 rigby.... I got it wrong saying only some 375 there. There were couple of lotts and a rigby also..... He said the rifle sales last year didn't cover the cost of the booth.... And that hand gun sales were good but the scorpion and bren tactical stuff were what have taken off big time..... So basically very little demand for the rifles....
Translation...highly unlikely to retool for another run of CRF CZ550's.
That sucks.:(

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
A business wont continue to produce things that don't sell.
Many folks don't know or care about CRF rifleso_O. I actually asked a GB seller the other day if his Browning was CRF or push feed as his pictures didn't show the bolt at all. He had to take it to a gunsmith and ask him even though I explained to him what it meant and what to look for!:(
Then he got mad when I asked for a picture!:confused::eek:

lwaters

Bronze supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Texas,Namibia,Kansas, Missouri, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, South Africa, New Zealand
I never new the difference between control round feed and push feed into I joined AH.

CoElkHunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
A business wont continue to produce things that don't sell.
Many folks don't know or care about CRF rifleso_O. I actually asked a GB seller the other day if his Browning was CRF or push feed as his pictures didn't show the bolt at all. He had to take it to a gunsmith and ask him even though I explained to him what it meant and what to look for!:(
Then he got mad when I asked for a picture!:confused::eek:
Yeah, whether it’s a seller on GB or at a gun show, many have no clue. None of the people I hunt with know what a CRF OR Mauser action is. Two guys have Rugers (‘06 and .338) which they thought we’re CRFs? But it doesn’t really matter. Just like 99 percent of the hunters in North America (maybe the world) they hunt non DG and probably always will with their modern, lightweight, push feed rifles. So the availability of the CZ 550s for DG or otherwise for everyone who wants one, will last for decades, unless Toby starts buying them up?

Newboomer

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, SCI, American Legion, Freemasons
Hunted
RSA, Maine, Montana, Colorado, Texas, Alaska, California.
We are a specialized market and the "youngsters" don't hunt like we do and don't know or care about our tools of the trade. However, there are plenty of the tools of our trade out there and always will be---as long as we live. Fine implements last nearly forever and there will be someone who can keep them running.

HWL

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Germany, Austria, Norway
:whistle:
Yes it would have! Maybe when CZs management comes to their senses, they’ll offer a .338? But, just as Winchester started building their rifles in Portugal, CZ will probably move their manufacturing to.....Tibet? Ha! Ha! Ha!

Khyber Pass....

;)

HWL

HWL

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Germany, Austria, Norway
Maybe a Blaser style action at CZs pricing? One can only guess? Anyway, they’ll move their manufacturing to somewhere with cheaper machinery/labor costs. It worked well for Weatherby?

Have a close look at the Heym SR 30..... one of the fines straight pull...

Wood and steel only, no alu/plastics...great rifle.

HWL

Boomstick!

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Well damn now I’m going to have to by an AHR in 450 Rigby and English Walnut sooner than I thought.

krish

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
450 Rigby's are getting hard to find. I heard rigby getting a new owner. Online sites most of them say that norma 450 brass is discontinued.
PTG got some rechambering reamers. CZ safari classic has large enough magazine to hold 3 450's. Converting 458 lott to 450 rigby is the best option I have found for now. Still need bolt face opened up.

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiaraValen

Latest profile posts

pam308 wrote on TOBY458's profile.
Just saw your listing for a winchester 70 458. Is it still for sale? I want it!!! pam308
flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?