In memoriam - The Queen

I decided to take a half day off work as soon I saw. An incredible loss to the world. All across England a rainbow appeared between her death and the announcement. Wow.

Long live the King

edeec54d8fcc42248b69b78fd4eb3319.jpg
 
It feels odd to "like" your post, but I share your sentiment. The British system is not my own, but I still respect it, and what they will be going through. Hats off and bowed head for sure.
I don't care for royalty or whatever, but I see it like this. A head of state has passed, and she should be acknowledged for her life and accomplishments. It's not like she was some tin-pot dictator who doesn't deserve to be remembered. Britain's ways are not my ways but I feel for the problems they're about to have and wish them a smooth transition of the crown and government.

And more importantly, a beloved mother/grandmother has passed. I don't know how Charles feels about it but I certainly would be upset. William and Harry, twit that he is, have lost their grandmother. I feel for their loss.

I've seen a lot of derision and outright assholery towards the Royal Family elsewhere. I think it's in utterly poor taste. It doesn't matter if ERII was a queen or not, it doesn't matter if you think monarchy is trash or not, it doesn't matter if you think the royals are "useless", as I've seen. It just reeks of not being a decent enough human being that you can't muster a single sympathetic thought for others. This isn't directed at you personally, of course, and I don't anticipate seeing a lot of that on here, either.
 
My wife and I have enjoyed watching her life and history, especially over the last decade or so.
A lovely and gracious lady for sure.
 
As an American whose ancestors fought in the revolution against the monarchy it my seem strange to say but I am sad to see the passing of the Queen.

I mentioned this in the politics thread but as a student of history her passing is a final page of a long chapter. She was the last monarch of the largest empire the world has yet known. Her death is a loss of a link to a long and fascinating history that changed the whole world.

I wish the best for those across the pond as they mourn her loss and continue to go through a major political transition.
 
Very sad day.

How I will remember the Queen and her love of dogs. Viewing and hosting Spaniel Championships. Working Spaniels and Labradors and those Corgis.
The-Queen-at-90.jpg

2-8.png

Queen-at-Cocker-Spaniel-Championships-2008-.jpg


1963 Handling and Training.
Queen-and-Labradors-.jpg


Bill-Meldrum-and-the-Queen-.jpg
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,828
Members
169,423
Latest member
dknoxivam
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top